The Student Room Group

Is anyone thinking about applying to Hartpury uni 2021?

If so, what course are you thinking of doing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, I'm thinking of applying to do agriculture at hartpury uni.
Reply 2
Original post by AB0809
Yes, I'm thinking of applying to do agriculture at hartpury uni.

Nice, I’m thinking of doing one of the equine courses at Hartpury. What other unis are you thinking of applying to?
Reply 3
Original post by Horse girl
Nice, I’m thinking of doing one of the equine courses at Hartpury. What other unis are you thinking of applying to?

I'm thinking of applying to RAU as well as it's quite close to me like hartpury is (about an hour away). I would live in at uni, but don't want to be too far away from home which is why I'm not applying to Harper. I'm leaning more towards Hartpury though as they have their own farm and so there would be more practical stuff I think. However, I've just read some reviews about there being a lack of communication between the lecturers which I'm a bit worried about... also the lack of societies. what other unis are you thinking of applying to?
Reply 4
Original post by AB0809
I'm thinking of applying to RAU as well as it's quite close to me like hartpury is (about an hour away). I would live in at uni, but don't want to be too far away from home which is why I'm not applying to Harper. I'm leaning more towards Hartpury though as they have their own farm and so there would be more practical stuff I think. However, I've just read some reviews about there being a lack of communication between the lecturers which I'm a bit worried about... also the lack of societies. what other unis are you thinking of applying to?

Nice! I looked at RAU too, but decided I didn’t like it so much because of the same reasons- it looks too classroom based and not practical enough. I haven’t really heard much about the lack of societies and communication in Hartpury though- I’ve mainly just been focusing on the course content at the moment so I should probably research that part a little, haha. I’m sure it’s probably fine though- from what I’ve seen so far I do really like Hartpury.

I’m also thinking about Nottingham Trent as one of my other main options. It’s a shame that we can’t really go and see them properly yet because of the corona virus.
Reply 5
I’ve applied for Equine Science at Hartpury!
Reply 6
Original post by maturelo
I’ve applied for Equine Science at Hartpury!

Same! I’ve also applied to do the equine performance and rehab course! Do you ride?
Reply 7
Same! I’ve also applied to do the equine performance and rehab course! Do you ride?

Oh cool!! I looked at performance and rehab but decided on science as it will give me a broader range of options after graduating.
I do but won’t be bringing my horse. How about you?
Reply 8
Oh cool!! I looked at performance and rehab but decided on science as it will give me a broader range of options after graduating.
I do but won’t be bringing my horse. How about you?

Fair enough, that’s why I decided to apply for science as well, but I do really like the look of the rehab course! I do ride, but sadly I don’t have my own horse yet :frown:(
Reply 9
I’ve just received an offer for Equine Science at Hartpury 😁
I’ve just received an offer for Equine Science at Hartpury 😁

Nice! Well done! And same, I got an offer for both courses! I’m very excited! I feel like they got back very quickly!
Original post by Anonymous
Nice! Well done! And same, I got an offer for both courses! I’m very excited! I feel like they got back very quickly!

Whoops, I accidentally pressed the anonymous button haha xD
I'm applying to Equine Sports Science and also Equine Business Management at Hartpury for next year, just need to get my reference written and then I will be sending my application :smile:
Original post by emilybent148
I'm applying to Equine Sports Science and also Equine Business Management at Hartpury for next year, just need to get my reference written and then I will be sending my application :smile:

Nice! Good luck! Do you ride/be planning on bringing your own horse?
Thank you! I do ride, but I’m planning on joining the equestrian club rather than bringing my own. How about you?
Thank you! I do ride, but I’m planning on joining the equestrian club rather than bringing my own. How about you?

Nice! I ride too, but I sadly don’t have my own horse yet :frown: hopefully soon in the future, haha. Which other unis are you applying to?
Nice! I ride too, but I sadly don’t have my own horse yet :frown: hopefully soon in the future, haha. Which other unis are you applying to?

i have one on part loan :smile: im applying to hartpury, reaseheath, royal agricultural college and writtle. Are you applying to any others?
i have one on part loan :smile: im applying to hartpury, reaseheath, royal agricultural college and writtle. Are you applying to any others?

Nice! I looked at the other ones you talked about too but decided to also apply to Writtle, Nottingham Trent- both of which i haven’t heard back from yet and Aberystwyth which I also got an offer from!
Nice! I looked at the other ones you talked about too but decided to also apply to Writtle, Nottingham Trent- both of which i haven’t heard back from yet and Aberystwyth which I also got an offer from!

Ooh congrats! I looked at Aberystwyth as well but decided on the others, although I didn’t realise Nottingham Trent did any equine courses so must’ve missed that one. I haven’t submitted my application yet as I’m waiting for my reference to be written but I’m hoping it will be done soon :smile: which courses have you had offers for?
Ooh congrats! I looked at Aberystwyth as well but decided on the others, although I didn’t realise Nottingham Trent did any equine courses so must’ve missed that one. I haven’t submitted my application yet as I’m waiting for my reference to be written but I’m hoping it will be done soon :smile: which courses have you had offers for?

Nice! I’m sure it will be done soon! :smile: I’ve had offers for Hartpury (both the equine science and the equine performance and rehabilitation courses) and Aberystwyth for equine science with a placement year. Hopefully the others will get back to me fairly soon, haha.
Let me know when you get your offers too!
Are you planning on doing a placement year? /do you know what you might be interested in doing after?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending