The Student Room Group
Reply 1
if you dont know what you want to study, how can you know if you're limiting yourself....
Go through your weaknesses, and if you haven't really figurred what you want to do then you have to do some serious thinking this week.
Reply 3
silk192
if you dont know what you want to study, how can you know if you're limiting yourself....

I know that i like creative subjects but dont think im keeping my subjects varied enough to get in anywhere i want [aka unis] when i do make up my mind for ma career & future etc.
Reply 4
when you say you have done a week of A-levels, do you mean youve done your first week of college (AS) or that you have started the A2 year?

if your in tour second year then you think about your courses for uni now! if your first year then think about them over the year...... if you want to do physics speak to your tutor and ask if you can take a 5th subject but you have a reasonably versitile selection of subject however there is no science based subject (bio, chem, phy, psych, socio, maths) if you do not want a career involving these subjects you wond need to do a degree in them.....

Do you have any idea what course at uni you want to do?
YOU say you like creative studies but what would that be at uni?
Can you do much with Physics unless you do Mathematics as well?

I think if you read around some of the courses you have now - like read some French literature or history, or perhaps you already read a lot of English literature, or look at some art and art history books etc, and see what really interests you you could get some ideas as to what you'd like to do at university.
Reply 6
Thanks guys!Ive just started the AS levels and last year i was set on doing design [interior or fashion] but did some stupid aptitude test and found out social skills were higher. I aint too crazy about becoming one of those therapist people so am stuck with a bunch of career options. Not sure if id be allowed into any uni with good results but the wrong subjects so just thought Physics would balance out my subject choices.Argh!
Pffft. Ignore the aptitude test and go for what you want to do. And there aren't really the "wrong" subjects - English Lit and French are respected for any subject, as is Art I think, and if you wanted to do design your subjects would be fine. You don't need to have a subject from every area to get into uni.
English Lit is a strong A level so unis would definately appreciate it!

Latest