The Student Room Group

Considering therapy

Stress is making me physically ill from work, I overthink far far too much. My family keep making me upset. My friends are starting to fade the person I love doesn't talk to me as much. Me being like this sucks and I feel like if I don't get it sorted I'm going to end up crying more and lose everybody including myself.

I generally feel numb. I tried to ignore it but it's been over a year nearly 2 years...

I don't know what to do 😭
ignore every1 and do watever the f*** u want
that's wat I do
trust me vibing with yaself is better than anything else
give everything nd every1 a break chill alone
ull feel loads better
Reply 2
Speak to your GP. In the meantime, what is your diet like? Do you exercise a moderate amount? What about your sleep? Are you trying to engage with your loved ones?
Reply 3
Original post by noory27
ignore every1 and do watever the f*** u want
that's wat I do
trust me vibing with yaself is better than anything else
give everything nd every1 a break chill alone
ull feel loads better

Oh I might consider this 😂 I might get alone super quick tho...
Reply 4
Original post by Pathway
Speak to your GP. In the meantime, what is your diet like? Do you exercise a moderate amount? What about your sleep? Are you trying to engage with your loved ones?

I actually spoke to them today my GP and they advised me that but just see how I go. My diet isn't the best I only half 1 of my 5 a day. Exercise is fine. Sleep I get around 8hrs maybe less. I don't really engage with my loved ones as much as normal
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I actually spoke to them today my GP and they advised me that but just see how I go. My diet isn't the best I only half 1 of my 5 a day. Exercise is fine. Sleep I get around 8hrs maybe less. I don't really engage with my loved ones as much as normal

Encourage yourself to spend time with them, it's important. Do you do anything like meditation? Journalling? These sorts of things can help as well (won't necessarily fix anything, but should help nonetheless).
OP this is serious. Find a local therapist pronto and start seeing them. Can you find another job? Do you meditate or not? Take up a new hobby in the meantime as well. Art and craft is a good one for mental health issues.
Reply 7
Stress is making me physically ill from work, I overthink far far too much. My family keep making me upset. My friends are starting to fade the person I love doesn't talk to me as much. Me being like this sucks and I feel like if I don't get it sorted I'm going to end up crying more and lose everybody including myself.

I generally feel numb. I tried to ignore it but it's been over a year nearly 2 years...

Well I was going through this same thing at one point and my best outlet was my music and even thought I am better today venting my feelings into my music changed my life for the better so if you want to do that that would be a great outlet but to each there own.
Oh I might consider this 😂 I might get alone super quick tho...

Also if you feel like its anger that your just holding in and trying to keep back go someplace quiet for example a park near batonical gardens (they be very beautiful and relaxing to just sit there) and scream the loudest you can
its honestly really fun and calming
or u can have a laughter therapy
remember something that you've found really funny in life and laugh all u can
if you don't have any memories to laugh to just randomly start laughing you'll hear ur own laugh and start to laugh at that :biggrin:
it works 1000000%
Laughter decreases stress hormones like cortisol and increases endorphins the feel-good chemicals in your body. These endorphins improve your mood and even relieve pain.
i might sound like some really big wierdo but try these tips and lemme know

saying this through personal experience hope it helps :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by noory27
Also if you feel like its anger that your just holding in and trying to keep back go someplace quiet for example a park near batonical gardens (they be very beautiful and relaxing to just sit there) and scream the loudest you can
its honestly really fun and calming
or u can have a laughter therapy
remember something that you've found really funny in life and laugh all u can
if you don't have any memories to laugh to just randomly start laughing you'll hear ur own laugh and start to laugh at that :biggrin:
it works 1000000%
Laughter decreases stress hormones like cortisol and increases endorphins the feel-good chemicals in your body. These endorphins improve your mood and even relieve pain.
i might sound like some really big wierdo but try these tips and lemme know

saying this through personal experience hope it helps :biggrin:

I love this reply haha thank you!

I think you need a reality check if you believe therapy makes instantly better than those who don’t have it.

This is a terrible mentality, just get on with your job and earn a living . If you do get therapy you’ll be depending on someone to make you happy

The most honest advice you need right now is 'head out of arse.' Also people have made similar posts before and I've told you the exact same before too but obviously you've taken no notice. Get on with your job, stop worrying about the result/outcome and focus on the process, and basically wind your neck in. Therapy suddenly doesn't make you feel happy. It just makes you more dependant and gives you less independence - at the moment I don't think you're quite ready for that responsibility...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending