The Student Room Group

Important - Oxford Uni Question

I sent my UCAS application off but had a lot of problems. In a nutshell - sister was unwell, computer crashed and my application was paid and sent at 18:30, although it says it's being sent to my tutor to provide a reference.

My question is, will they accept it given that it's after the 6pm deadline? How rigid are they with this? And if it's being sent to my tutor to provide a reference, surely they won't know that it was sent a bit later?

Also, does my tutor have a deadline to provide the reference? She's on leave until next Wednesday and is inaccessible.

I'd have sent it sooner but tbh I've had a lot happening lately and have just been mentally exhausted with it all. But this is something I've wanted to do for myself for a while so I'll be gutted if they don't/can't accept it. Any advice is much appreciated.
Reply 1
Bump. Anyone?
I had a little look online and although I would recommend double checking this with your teachers/calling up UCAS, they process applications up till January, so I assume half an hour wouldn't ruin your chances. But i would double check as soon as possible
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I had a little look online and although I would recommend double checking this with your teachers/calling up UCAS, they process applications up till January, so I assume half an hour wouldn't ruin your chances. But i would double check as soon as possible

Thanks so much! Appreciate it. The only thing is, I'm pretty sure the deadline is 6pm on the 15th of October for Oxford, unless covid has changed anything. My tutor is on leave til Wednesday next week unfortunately 😕
Reply 4
Thanks so much! Appreciate it. The only thing is, I'm pretty sure the deadline is 6pm on the 15th of October for Oxford, unless covid has changed anything. My tutor is on leave til Wednesday next week unfortunately 😕

It needs to be sent off to UCAS (i.e. sent off by your tutor with the reference added) by 6pm on the 15th - I don't think they're usually very lenient, and I'm not sure why your tutor hasn't flagged up with you that they need to have received it in time for them to also send it off before the deadline...
First hit on Google

"15 October 2020
Applications for Oxford, Cambridge and most courses in medicine, dentistry, and veterinary medicine/science should arrive at UCAS by 18:00 (UK time). The reference needs to be completed before the application can be sent to us"
https://www.ucas.com/advisers/managing-applications/application-deadlines

If something is important, I'd normally suggest getting it sorted at least two weeks in advance, if not more.

Honestly not sure how lenient they are. Meeting deadlines is a pretty important skill. But probably worth asking.
(edited 3 years ago)

That's ok, my sixth form sent mine yesterday at 4pm and I received an acknowledgement email today, so if you don't get one you probably need to contact your head of sixth form/college asap and see if anything can be done. I hope it all turns out ok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending