The Student Room Group

Been Offered A Job I Never Thought I Wanted To Do Again...

Guys, I graduated about 2 years ago and have been looking for a job for the last 9 months after quitting my job as a teacher due to a number of factors (main being family member’s health and a little stress to say the least) with the intention of not really going back into a classroom.

Now I’ve been looking for a job in a NHS lab for a while and I put my CV on a public website yesterday hoping for it to get noticed however with the experience I put on it, it got noticed in the teaching section.

So I was called by a school looking for a teacher part time in a college (I taught in a school before). Honestly unsure if I want to do this or not because I don’t know if I’ll be able to see it through all the way (teaching is a very difficult job...).

Opinions (as I said, been looking for a job for the last 9 months).
Original post by Anonymous
Guys, I graduated about 2 years ago and have been looking for a job for the last 9 months after quitting my job as a teacher due to a number of factors (main being family member’s health and a little stress to say the least) with the intention of not really going back into a classroom.

Now I’ve been looking for a job in a NHS lab for a while and I put my CV on a public website yesterday hoping for it to get noticed however with the experience I put on it, it got noticed in the teaching section.

So I was called by a school looking for a teacher part time in a college (I taught in a school before). Honestly unsure if I want to do this or not because I don’t know if I’ll be able to see it through all the way (teaching is a very difficult job...).

Opinions (as I said, been looking for a job for the last 9 months).

you need to decide if it is more stressful being unemployed, or working part time in a college. also you need to think about the Virus... teaching is not going to collapse like other industries.
Reply 2
Teaching in a college is very different to teaching in a school - mostly because the people on your course are there because they want to learn your subject.

Take the job and if it is not what you want then continue searching for a job in an NHS lab, but at least you are employed while you search and have opportunities that you wouldn't otherwise have.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending