The Student Room Group

EO - Home Office. Ref: 169385

Has anyone else applied for this role and heard anything yet?

If so which location have you applied for?

TIA!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I applied for this role but have not yet heard whether or not I have been successful at the application stage. I did receive an email last week stating that due to a large volume of applications the process is taking a little longer.
Original post by MAI10
Hi, I applied for this role but have not yet heard whether or not I have been successful at the application stage. I did receive an email last week stating that due to a large volume of applications the process is taking a little longer.

Thanks for your reply. I have been invited to interview stage.

What’s your current experience? Or feel free to inbox me if you don’t want to discuss here.
Reply 3
Original post by Cherryblossom91
Thanks for your reply. I have been invited to interview stage.

What’s your current experience? Or feel free to inbox me if you don’t want to discuss here.

Hopefully it won’t be long until I hear whether or not I have an interview then🤞

By current experience do you mean what jobs etc I have in relation to the role or experience in relation to the process of doing home office applications?
Original post by MAI10
Hopefully it won’t be long until I hear whether or not I have an interview then🤞

By current experience do you mean what jobs etc I have in relation to the role or experience in relation to the process of doing home office applications?

Fingers crossed for you.

I was thinking more in terms of previous jobs? But now you’ve mentioned it, what experience do you have of the application process too :h:
Reply 5
Fingers crossed for you.

I was thinking more in terms of previous jobs? But now you’ve mentioned it, what experience do you have of the application process too :h:

Thank you!

I don’t actually have much relevant experience in terms of jobs as I have been working as a teaching assistant but I am now looking for a change in career. I find the application being based around behaviours benefits me for this reason whereas non civil service jobs usually want a certain amount of experience and certain qualifications which I unfortunately don’t have.

I recently applied for an AO role for the home office and did the interview 3 weeks ago but I have not yet heard whether or not I have been successful.
Original post by MAI10
Thank you!

I don’t actually have much relevant experience in terms of jobs as I have been working as a teaching assistant but I am now looking for a change in career. I find the application being based around behaviours benefits me for this reason whereas non civil service jobs usually want a certain amount of experience and certain qualifications which I unfortunately don’t have.

I recently applied for an AO role for the home office and did the interview 3 weeks ago but I have not yet heard whether or not I have been successful.

I agree, I bet you have so many good examples as you’ve been working as a teaching assistant!

Wishing you well for the AO/EO campaigns, let me know how you get on. :smile:
Reply 7
I agree, I bet you have so many good examples as you’ve been working as a teaching assistant!

Wishing you well for the AO/EO campaigns, let me know how you get on. :smile:

When did you get offered the interview? I’m starting to think I have been unsuccessful as I assumed they would let everyone know if they’ve been successful at the same time.

Thank you, good luck with your interview. Let me know how you get on as well! Also let me know if you have any more questions.
Reply 8
Hi, I have also applied for this post and received an invitation to interview last Thursday 😊
Reply 9
Original post by StephA85
Hi, I have also applied for this post and received an invitation to interview last Thursday 😊

Good luck!

Well done! Can I ask about your experience and score you received on PS? :smile:
Well done! Can I ask about your experience and score you received on PS? :smile:

Thanks 😊 well done to you too. It’s not an easy process is it.

I am currently working in the maternity department in the NHS so have lots of transferable skills. I scored a 5 on PS 😊
Thanks 😊 well done to you too. It’s not an easy process is it.

I am currently working in the maternity department in the NHS so have lots of transferable skills. I scored a 5 on PS 😊

We got the same score! :h: Hoping the interview is straight forward!
We got the same score! :h: Hoping the interview is straight forward!

I had an interview for a similar role in the Home Office a week ago but that was a pre recorded one and I didn’t really like it! So I’m hoping that this one is a better experience.
Reply 14
Hi, congratulations. Could I ask which city you’ve put as your first preference? Just wondering if they’re doing it for a particular office first.
Original post by 1213Gem
Hi, congratulations. Could I ask which city you’ve put as your first preference? Just wondering if they’re doing it for a particular office first.

Hi 👋 I put Manchester down as mine 🙂
Original post by 1213Gem

Thank you :smile: I’m Sheffield, what about you? Or maybe it’s when you submitted your application and going through in date order?
Reply 17
Thank you :smile: I’m Sheffield, what about you? Or maybe it’s when you submitted your application and going through in date order?

I’ve applied for the Liverpool office and only completed the application on the last day so hoping you’re right and it’s in date order! :smile:
Reply 18
I have not heard back either and I applied for the Sheffield location. I think I submitted my application about a week before the closing date.
Original post by MAI10
I have not heard back either and I applied for the Sheffield location. I think I submitted my application about a week before the closing date.

Think it’s probably going on the date! Good luck and let us know 🤞

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending