The Student Room Group

Will I be allowed to visit both parents?

I was just thinking will I be allowed to visit my mum. My parents are splitting up so I’m not going to live with both parents so will I be allowed to visit and come in the house. I thought you are allowed to visit family because it’s under the same bubble but Matt Watson from carwow had to sleep in a campervan when he visited him mum. I’m still not sure if I’m allowed because Matt Watson lives in London I think and I live in Manchester so the rules might be different
Are you under 18? :confused:
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
Are you under 18? :confused:

No
Original post by Anonymous
No

You probably won't be able to visit both of your parents inside their homes unless they are vulnerable requiring your support.
Have to meet outside.
If you live with one parent and the other parent lives alone or with one of your siblings who is under 18, you could form a support bubble but would have to stick with it until pandemic restrictions end.
You probably won't be able to visit both of your parents inside their homes unless they are vulnerable requiring your support.
Have to meet outside.
If you live with one parent and the other parent lives alone or with one of your siblings who is under 18, you could form a support bubble but would have to stick with it until pandemic restrictions end.

I’m the thread starter. The rules are stupid, apparently if you are under 18 it scares Covid away according to the rules they ridiculous dumb ass rules and I will be seeing both house holds anyway. None of the neighbours will grass anyway because they are literally having visitors round as well and so are the majority so I’m doing it
I’m the thread starter. The rules are stupid, apparently if you are under 18 it scares Covid away according to the rules they ridiculous dumb ass rules and I will be seeing both house holds anyway. None of the neighbours will grass anyway because they are literally having visitors round as well and so are the majority so I’m doing it

So many of the pandemic restrictions are far from sensible, coherent or practical.
But be very cautious about going inside either of your parents homes and having close contact with the residents if a parent has pre-existing health conditions.
Plus have a reasonable answer ready in case the police discover what you are doing and seek to question or fine you for breaching legally binding pandemic restrictions.
So many of the pandemic restrictions are far from sensible, coherent or practical.
But be very cautious about going inside either of your parents homes and having close contact with the residents if a parent has pre-existing health conditions.
Plus have a reasonable answer ready in case the police discover what you are doing and seek to question or fine you for breaching legally binding pandemic restrictions.

I can put money that I would be tested negative for the virus and my family as well. Look love celebrities are breaking the rules like Mason Greenwood, Kyle Walker etc and Dominic Cummings so the public are going to do the same but do I blame them? no. and do people follow the rules? no.

It’s like I’m not being funny just telling the truth but at Christmas everyone is going to see family weather the rules are there or no, it’s just the truth
I can put money that I would be tested negative for the virus and my family as well. Look love celebrities are breaking the rules like Mason Greenwood, Kyle Walker etc and Dominic Cummings so the public are going to do the same but do I blame them? no. and do people follow the rules? no.

I hope that your luck holds out and that every covid test you have comes back negative.
I don't wear facial coverings, am still working and providing support to vulnerable friends & crime survivors.
I'm lucky to still be alive, healthy and in employment.
Quite a few former coworkers and people I knew from school or uni have died of covid.
Out of interest, what's the point in asking for clarification on the rules when you don't accept what you don't want to hear anyway?

I haven't hugged my parents since March, and now we're in a tier 3 area I can't even go and sit in the garden.

It sucks for all of us, so although it might be horrible not to visit both parents comfortably, you can do so while remaining within the rules - just like the rest of us have to do.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Out of interest, what's the point in asking for clarification on the rules when you don't accept what you don't want to hear anyway?

I haven't hugged my parents since March, and now we're in a tier 3 area I can't even go and sit in the garden.

It sucks for all of us, so although it might be horrible not to visit both parents comfortably, you can do so while remaining within the rules - just like the rest of us have to do.

I didn’t know the rules were as pathetic as they are.

I haven’t hugged my parents since I was like 8

The rules are stupid though, it’s like I have younger siblings under 18 so they can see her but I cannot coz apparently COVID is scared of them, if anything younger people are more likely to be effected by it because their lungs are still developing in but someone like me my lungs are probably developed and they’ll be stronger. Also I’d rather die of the Covid than be in another lockdown
I appreciate the restrictions are inconsistent and not universal. Don't sink to the level of the right hand man of a mass killer though and use the Dominic Cummings defence as it were. Remember also to use whatever vote you have whenever you have it to express your views about this government.
Original post by barnetlad
I appreciate the restrictions are inconsistent and not universal. Don't sink to the level of the right hand man of a mass killer though and use the Dominic Cummings defence as it were. Remember also to use whatever vote you have whenever you have it to express your views about this government.

I don’t know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending