The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Student Accommodation Swansea

Are there any student accommodations in Swansea where you're in a falt but you can choose who you're in a flat with? You will have a shared kitchen but your own room and bathroom?
Swansea is the second-largest city in Wales, home to more than 24,000 students studying at Swansea University and University of Wales Trinity St Davis. Best Student Halls will make sure to provide students with the best Student Accommodation in Swansea, modern Student Rooms but to reflect the surrounding nature and countryside.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Original post by HannahWilson9
Are there any student accommodations in Swansea where you're in a falt but you can choose who you're in a flat with? You will have a shared kitchen but your own room and bathroom?

Hi @HannahWilson9 :hello:

Most students in their first year will either go in to University or Private accommodation halls where you are assigned flatmates, then once you go into your second year you would choose who you want to live with and arrange a shared house/flat.

If you already have people in mind who you would like to live with, you can find a wide range of student housing through local letting agents or University letting agency and begin the flat hunt together :smile:

I hope this helps!
- Mia :smile:
Who do you want to choose to be with you. Is this first year. There are many companies offering houses. If you have a group you want to be with you could book one of those although I doubt you will find any houses with your own bathroom. As far as your own bathroom much of the accommodation for example on The Bay Campus will have private facilities as does places like Student Roost, Coppergate and Oldway Centre and a couple of others due to open in September but they tend to be large blocks rather than flats. HSV has houses of 7 but with shared facilities.
Original post by swanseajack1
Who do you want to choose to be with you. Is this first year. There are many companies offering houses. If you have a group you want to be with you could book one of those although I doubt you will find any houses with your own bathroom. As far as your own bathroom much of the accommodation for example on The Bay Campus will have private facilities as does places like Student Roost, Coppergate and Oldway Centre and a couple of others due to open in September but they tend to be large blocks rather than flats. HSV has houses of 7 but with shared facilities.

I'm in first year right now, but I want to start looking for accommodation for next year and I've found people I want to live with. Thank you, your reply was helpful.
Original post by HannahWilson9
I'm in first year right now, but I want to start looking for accommodation for next year and I've found people I want to live with. Thank you, your reply was helpful.

I very much doubt that you will find any student houses with bedrooms with en suite bathrooms and I dont think that is only in Swansea. Most houses have 4 or more bedrooms and typically 1 or 2 bathrooms. You could try the agencies on Walter Road or Mansel Street or the student accommodation service at the university but I doubt you would get what you want. I think it will boil down to private houses with shared facilities or living in the more expensive private halls who might accommodate you in adjoining rooms if you ask but they will be more expensive.
Original post by swanseajack1
I very much doubt that you will find any student houses with bedrooms with en suite bathrooms and I dont think that is only in Swansea. Most houses have 4 or more bedrooms and typically 1 or 2 bathrooms. You could try the agencies on Walter Road or Mansel Street or the student accommodation service at the university but I doubt you would get what you want. I think it will boil down to private houses with shared facilities or living in the more expensive private halls who might accommodate you in adjoining rooms if you ask but they will be more expensive.

That's great, thank you
Reply 7
Hi, I’m starting a second degree in Swansea in September and I was wondering what the best way to find a room in a house is? I don’t really want to live on campus having already done this in my first degree.
Original post by LivGJ99
Hi, I’m starting a second degree in Swansea in September and I was wondering what the best way to find a room in a house is? I don’t really want to live on campus having already done this in my first degree.

Often people post on here. You could try a new post and if someone has room they will get back to you. Sometimes people have adverts for flatmates in the university. Here is a website people use.Which campus will you be on. That might make a difference and how much do you want to pay. There is an advert here for Killay which is a lovely residential area if it isnt too expensive. Not too far from the student village about 2-3 miles from Singleton campus if you are looking for somewhere quieter.

https://www.spareroom.co.uk/

Here is another website. Enter 1 room and it will give you options
https://www.accommodationforstudents.com/
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by LivGJ99

If you contact accommodation they have a service where they can put single people into their private houses that they rent. This means that you will be in university run private housing in the local community with other students.
Alternatively if you join a Facebook group such as a freshers group, there’s usually a couple of posts a week of people looking for additional people to fill vacancies in their house for next year.
Original post by Phoenixfeather99
If you contact accommodation they have a service where they can put single people into their private houses that they rent. This means that you will be in university run private housing in the local community with other students.
Alternatively if you join a Facebook group such as a freshers group, there’s usually a couple of posts a week of people looking for additional people to fill vacancies in their house for next year.

@Phoenixfeather99 yep, I believe the website is here
Sylvie - Admissions Enquiries Assistant

Quick Reply

Latest