The Student Room Group

J.P. Morgan Assessment Centre

Hello guys,

I have a J.P. Morgan Assesment centre coming up for Finance and Business management analyst graduate scheme.

I have been told there will be case study, group exercise and competency base interviews.

I am very worried about the case study and group work as I have no idea what it will be about. Please if you did the assessment centre last year or this year could you please share with me what you did?

If not, I will appreciate any advice. Please help me get into my dream company and job.

Thank you very much.

I have done the first round telephone interview, message me if you need help!
Reply 1
i would reccommend checking out wikijob and quora for starters. Also your university careers department may have events soon covering how to succeed at assessment centres. good luck.
Original post by PrincessJF
Hello guys,

I have a J.P. Morgan Assesment centre coming up for Finance and Business management analyst graduate scheme.

I have been told there will be case study, group exercise and competency base interviews.

I am very worried about the case study and group work as I have no idea what it will be about. Please if you did the assessment centre last year or this year could you please share with me what you did?

If not, I will appreciate any advice. Please help me get into my dream company and job.

Thank you very much.

hello PrincessJF, do you mind what sharing the qns u had in your telephone interview?have applied for the same role
and i got an email to schedule a telephone interview. please help me. what location did u apply for?
Reply 3
Hello guys,

Thank you very much.

Hey! just came across your post. I've applied to a traineeship role and have an assessment centre for that so was wondering what your AC consisted of?
Hey guys, i have just received an invite for the global finance assessment centre at JP, has anyone recently done one? 2018 or 2017? Could anyone please tell me what it entails like what kind of questions in the interview etc. what the role play exercise is about? and the case study?
Reply 5
Original post by SlothWarrior1400
Hey guys, i have just received an invite for the global finance assessment centre at JP, has anyone recently done one? 2018 or 2017? Could anyone please tell me what it entails like what kind of questions in the interview etc. what the role play exercise is about? and the case study?

What date is your assessment centre?
Hi, I just got an email saying I have to do a Video Interview. Would you mind sharing the questions you had to answer for your phone interview? Thanks!!
Original post by Maria2898
Hi, I just got an email saying I have to do a Video Interview. Would you mind sharing the questions you had to answer for your phone interview? Thanks!!

Hi Maria,

We can't share specific questions but we can give you an idea on what to expect, hope this helps a little!

Most companies will ask you competency based questions (i.e. how you do something) with a much smaller number asking strengths-based questions (i.e. what engages and interests you). These approaches are very different, so be sure to clarify which one will be used for your interview. Whichever type of questions they asked, the hiring company will be looking to establish whether you can do the job to the required standard while fitting into the existing culture.

Most will be open questions. They usually consist of one part but some may digress to find out a little bit more about you. Nearly all the interview questions will be very straightforward, with no trick questions. Don’t be surprised if you are initially asked an icebreaker question. This is intended to ease you into the process and make you feel more comfortable.

If you have any more questions on the process, just shout!

Good luck :smile:
Reply 8
Hello guys,

Thank you very much.

Hi, please can you provide as much insight and tips for the assessment centre now you've done it! Thanks!
Reply 9
Original post by Elijohn99
Hi, please can you provide as much insight and tips for the assessment centre now you've done it! Thanks!

bro it was 6 years ago....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending