The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

University of Worcester - 2021 entry?

Hi,

So, basically, I've just had a really bad experience at uni this year and have ended up dropping out and taking a year out.

I'm looking into where to go next year and I'm trying to stick fairly local (somewhat difficult because the closest universities to me are at least an hours drive away). One place I've been looking at is Worcester for Creative Writing and History.

I'd like to ask anyone who is at/has been to Worcester:

What are the wellbeing/mental health services there like?

How supportive are lecturers? How much work is wholly independent or based on self-research?

Is there support for people who struggle with self-research?

What is the uni life there like? I'm a quiet/anxious and sober person so I'm trying to avoid somewhere that's overly party-like.

If there's anything else of note that people feel would be useful to me as well as answers to these questions, I'd appreciate that. Thank you.
Hiya, this is a late reply to this thread and I'm assuming you've chosen to either go there or not by now, but wanted to reply as I know the area (not a current student yet though!) - Worcester is a lovely, quiet place and is incredibly safe, so as you mention you're anxious, I feel it would suit you well. It's a very supportive and inclusive uni (which is one of the reasons I chose it as my first choice to start in September), and I also know it has a creative writing society, as I love writing too so that's one of the things I was looking at in my uni choices. When I visited the uni for a campus tour, everyone I spoke to was very friendly, and I was told all about their MH support services at FirstPoint - all in all, they do seem a very supportive uni, so I think you'd be okay there :smile:
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending