The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Is York uni boring

Any info would be appreciated, if it helps I’m applying for BA business management
Original post by Tashax2
Any info would be appreciated, if it helps I’m applying for BA business management

York is a Russell Group uni so its a very good uni. It's a campus uni - do you prefer campus or a uni that's integrated into the town/city? York itself is a small city - compared to Leeds which is a 20-minute train ride away. Do you prefer a small city or a large city? Only you can answer these fundamental questions. I am put off campus uni's because they can become a bit claustrophobic - 3 years of the same pubs, and nightlife. However, others love campus life.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by mike23mike
York is a Russell Group uni so its a very good uni. It's a campus uni - do you prefer campus or a uni that's integrated into the town/city? York itself is a small city - compared to Leeds which is a 20-minute train ride away. Do you prefer a small city or a large city? Only you can answer these fundamental questions. I am put off campus uni's because they can become a bit claustrophobic - 3 years of the same pubs, and nightlife. However, others love campus life.

Urgh I’m not sure yet but I need to have a think , are you already at uni ?
Original post by Tashax2

no would be my answer lol if that helps. before coming york was not my first choice and I also thought it sounded quite boring because you don't really here much about it or many people coming. but there are some really nice bars and clubs (not at the min) plus places to eat in the center which is great, plus the clubs are very lively when they finally open

students are making the most of a limited situ at the min so it can only get better when it reopens - hopefully lol
I’m from York.
Quite a boring place to grow up but I imagine quite good to come to as a student, small city but very safe. Even the worse areas like ‘tang hall’ where a lot of UoY students live really aren’t that bad, worse case scenario there’s some 14 year old kids on pushbikes stood outside the coop, ha. Really gentle compared to places like Leeds.

Very nice city and nightlife is okay and lively, have people come from Leeds and Newcastle for a night out so it definitely has a night out scene that’s fun. Just not loads and loads of clubs, lots of pubs and bars though.

Quick Reply

Latest