The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Chemical Engineering

I'm trying to decide on where i should study chemical engineering (last thing to do) and Swansea is on my list. I'm wondering what is the course like and what advantages and disadvantages their is to studying chemE at swansea compared to other unis
Hey @Jemesu!

Are you looking at Undergraduate or Postgraduate study? both our Bachelors and Master's courses are accredited by the Institution of Chemical Engineerings (IChemE) which:
Assures you that the course will give you a solid professional grounding in the subject
Assures you the teaching will be of a high standard, relevant, with appropriate practical content and appropriate contact hours from fully qualified academic staff
Meets the needs of employers
Includes internationally accepted standard process safety and sustainability content
Provides a foundation for you to aim for the prized Chartered Engineer status

If you want to know more about the course from a student's perspective, we have an Ambassador Chat service which allows you to ask questions to our students about the course, student life, the area etc :smile:

What is it that you'd like to know about the course? if you have any specific questions then I would be more than happy to help!

- Mia :smile:
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Swansea University Enquiries
Hey @Jemesu!

Are you looking at Undergraduate or Postgraduate study? both our Bachelors and Master's courses are accredited by the Institution of Chemical Engineerings (IChemE) which:
Assures you that the course will give you a solid professional grounding in the subject
Assures you the teaching will be of a high standard, relevant, with appropriate practical content and appropriate contact hours from fully qualified academic staff
Meets the needs of employers
Includes internationally accepted standard process safety and sustainability content
Provides a foundation for you to aim for the prized Chartered Engineer status

If you want to know more about the course from a student's perspective, we have an Ambassador Chat service which allows you to ask questions to our students about the course, student life, the area etc :smile:

What is it that you'd like to know about the course? if you have any specific questions then I would be more than happy to help!

- Mia :smile:

well i already know i want to apply to swansea for undergraduate chemical engineering i was realy just struggling with my last choice, ( Queens Manchester and newcastle being the other three). Do you know if i apply to the Meng with a year in industry at swansea am i automatically considered for the Beng at swansea as well?
Original post by Jemesu
well i already know i want to apply to swansea for undergraduate chemical engineering i was realy just struggling with my last choice, ( Queens Manchester and newcastle being the other three). Do you know if i apply to the Meng with a year in industry at swansea am i automatically considered for the Beng at swansea as well?

That's great news! :smile: we have a guaranteed offer scheme which means that we make alternative course offers (for example the BEng instead of MEng) - If this happens we will write to you letting you know why we have made this decision, and we also make alternative course offers during the clearing period/on results day.
If you enrolled on the year in industry and changed your mind, you could also transfer off element of the course and continue with your studies :smile:

Hope this helps!
- Mia

Quick Reply

Latest