The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do

I am currently a student undertaking a foundation year in pharmaceutical sciences to hopefully get into pharmacy, however after looking at lots of threads, I am not so sure I want to do pharmacy anymore.

I am trying to look for a career with great career progression and decent salary.

I saw chemical engineering as a possible outfit for this.

Should I try and change to chemical engineering? If so - how should I go about doing this?
Original post by abcstudentonline
I am currently a student undertaking a foundation year in pharmaceutical sciences to hopefully get into pharmacy, however after looking at lots of threads, I am not so sure I want to do pharmacy anymore.

I am trying to look for a career with great career progression and decent salary.

Should I try and change to chemical engineering? If so - how should I go about doing this?

Anyone??????????????

Hi there , @abcstudentonline .
I'm sorry to hear that you no longer want to continue with your Pharmacy degree . Having studied chemical engineering before studying my current degree, I strongly advise you to find your interest and not just pick chemical engineering based on it being predicted to have a decent salary and career progression.
Research careers based on your interests , to ensure you don't find yourself in the position you are in now, a year later. I am an avid STEM supporter - most STEM careers have decent salary but have different routes for qualification. I suggest you have a look at the iChemE website to see the requirements for being a chartered chemical engineer and also what your career options will be in the future.
Depending on the university you want to switch to and your level three qualifications you may be able to make the switch or you might have to apply for the engineering foundation programs .
I hope this gives you a little more insight on changing your course

Cece
Engineering student
De Montfort University.
(edited 4 months ago)

What is your actual interest in chemical engineering? It's very different to pharmacy or pharmaceutical science.

Quick Reply

Latest