The Student Room Group

Personal statement for chemical engineering and natural science

How can I write a personal statement for natural sciences and chemical engineering as I am applying for both courses at university?
You can’t do this well.

Why are you trying to apply for both ? If you get offers from both which would you accept?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You can’t do this well.

Why are you trying to apply for both? If you get offers from both which would you accept?

I wanted to apply for another course as I didn't want all my options to be natural sciences, so I thought of chemical engineering as there are some biotechnology taught in chemical engineering. So I tried creating a personal statement which I wrote about my EPQ on stem cells, thermodynamics and this environmental experience I participated in. But if I had to pick an offer it would most likely be natural sciences.
Original post by himdjkwndn234
I wanted to apply for another course as I didn't want all my options to be natural sciences, so I thought of chemical engineering as there are some biotechnology taught in chemical engineering. So I tried creating a personal statement which I wrote about my EPQ on stem cells, thermodynamics and this environmental experience I participated in. But if I had to pick an offer it would most likely be natural sciences.

Then contact your chemeng universities and ask them if they’ll accept a chemeng application with a natsci PS. It might be fine and then you don’t have to compromise on your PS
Original post by himdjkwndn234
How can I write a personal statement for natural sciences and chemical engineering as I am applying for both courses at university?

Hi!

I'm Oliver and am a 4th year natural sciences student at Lancaster.
I know with natural sciences, students are often apply to single honours degrees too. Therefore at Lancaster we tend to look for a general interest in science from the personal statement rather than specific subjects. Therefore you could talk about your interests in chemical engineering and that would still help you for natural sciences. I'd also recommend talking about other scientific topics too in order to demonstrate your breadth of interest.
I thought I'd also point out that at Lancaster we actually offer a chemical engineering pathway within natural sciences, so you could study chemical engineering along with another science too!

I hop that helps. Best of luck with your application and if you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help

Oliver (Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending