The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's GCSE requirements

Hello. I am intending in applying at King's in order to study Computer Science.
The subject requirements are AAA, including Maths/Computing at A Level, and a B/6 in GCSE Maths.
I have AAAA predicted including Maths and Further, and an 8 at GCSE Maths.
However, the requirements for GCSE only state Maths, and nothing about English, Science, etc.
My GCSEs overall are A*887666665, with 5 in English Language and 6 in Literature.
Can someone advise me to whether my GCSEs meet the requirements for Computer Science, as I doubt King's is the only university that doesn't look at Science/English.
Thanks!!!!
Reply 1
omgg i'm applying for the compsci at kings too! i think as long as it's 5 or above in the core subjects I think it's fine as that's what most unis go by and you have a good grade in gcse maths so it should be fine
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by lilo16
omgg i'm applying for the compsci at kings too! i think as long as it's 5 or above in the core subjects I think it's fine as that's what most unis go by and you have a good grade in gcse maths so it should be fine

They have this 'English language requirements', just below the 'International requirements', but am not sure if they are also required to be met by UK students, as they say they want a 6 in GCSE, but not sure on whether I'll be fine (I got a 6 in Literature, so hopefully:]).
I do also qualify for the contextual offer, so I am technically 2 grades above. We'll just wait and see I guess!
What else did you apply/will apply for and what are your predicted if you don't mind? I'm thinking about St Andrew's, but it's extremely competitive!
Reply 3
Original post by GianiOrlando
They have this 'English language requirements', just below the 'International requirements', but am not sure if they are also required to be met by UK students, as they say they want a 6 in GCSE, but not sure on whether I'll be fine (I got a 6 in Literature, so hopefully:]).
I do also qualify for the contextual offer, so I am technically 2 grades above. We'll just wait and see I guess!
What else did you apply/will apply for and what are your predicted if you don't mind? I'm thinking about St Andrew's, but it's extremely competitive!

No I think that should be fine as you are a home student so they expect that English speaking level from you anyway and they usually have higher standards for internationals as it may not be their first language. I'm applying for Bristol, Birmingham, King's, Nottingham and Royal Holloway, where else are you thinking of applying?
Original post by lilo16
No I think that should be fine as you are a home student so they expect that English speaking level from you anyway and they usually have higher standards for internationals as it may not be their first language. I'm applying for Bristol, Birmingham, King's, Nottingham and Royal Holloway, where else are you thinking of applying?

100% I am applying for Queen Mary, Exeter and Leeds. My other 2 options will be 2 from St Andrews, King's and York, based upon whether King's will be fine with a 5 in Language. I emailed them and currently waiting for a response.
Reply 5
Same is here, any update? have you got an offer from Kings with 5 in English Language and 6 in Literature?
nop
Original post by KingAoA
Same is here, any update? have you got an offer from Kings with 5 in English Language and 6 in Literature?
Reply 7
@GianiOrlando - did King's College respond back to you on the English Language requirement?
Reply 8
Original post by gmsethi
@GianiOrlando - did King's College respond back to you on the English Language requirement?

Original post by GianiOrlando
100% I am applying for Queen Mary, Exeter and Leeds. My other 2 options will be 2 from St Andrews, King's and York, based upon whether King's will be fine with a 5 in Language. I emailed them and currently waiting for a response.

Quick Reply

Latest