The Student Room Group

ucat kings

i just did my ucat and got 2870 B3 - ik kings does points but my gcses were 12 9s and 1 8 with predicted grades as A*A*A is it risky to apply with my band or do my other stuff make up for it? thanks :smile:
Original post by stephyclaymoko
i just did my ucat and got 2870 B3 - ik kings does points but my gcses were 12 9s and 1 8 with predicted grades as A*A*A is it risky to apply with my band or do my other stuff make up for it? thanks :smile:

@IBkidinthecorner may be able to advise you :smile:
@04MR17 thanks for the tag!
OP, from my reading of KCL FOI requests, their mean UCAT score for interviewees was 2920 with a modal SJT result of Band 1. However, with your excellent GCSE results, I would be prepared to take the risk if you’re very keen on the uni; just make sure you have three safe options to balance things out (easy to do with your stats). Good luck!
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
@04MR17 thanks for the tag!
OP, from my reading of KCL FOI requests, their mean UCAT score for interviewees was 2920 with a modal SJT result of Band 1. However, with your excellent GCSE results, I would be prepared to take the risk if you’re very keen on the uni; just make sure you have three safe options to balance things out (easy to do with your stats). Good luck!

wheres a good place to apply with low a levels and ucat of about 2700
Original post by techwiz12345
wheres a good place to apply with low a levels and ucat of about 2700

What do you mean by low A-Levels? If you post a full breakdown of your achieved or predicted A-Levels, GCSE results and UCAT score to this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7102578 we will be able to advise properly :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by username5499316

Hi, did you finally apply to Kings? I have the same score 2870 with SJT band-2 and all 9s in GCSE. I don't think predicted grades gets scored for interviews, I have 4 A*.
Original post by Skanoongo
Hi, did you finally apply to Kings? I have the same score 2870 with SJT band-2 and all 9s in GCSE. I don't think predicted grades gets scored for interviews, I have 4 A*.

No it’s GCSEs that King’s look at beyond the minimum requirements. 8A*s (8&9) achieve full points

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending