The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Accommodation advice needed for mature postgrad

Hi, I’m a mature, international postgrad (1 year) starting in January 2021. I’m looking for studio flats (private bathroom and kitchen) to rent.

There are studios at Beck House as far as I know but it seems a bit expensive.

Halls like Coppergate, St Davids, Oldway offer studios but there are negative reviews about especially safety.

Renting a private flat may be an option (with bills included or not) but as a foreigner I do not know which agency is trustworthy (there are awful reviews about some of them).

So, I really need help and advice. Thanks in advance.
Difficult to answer this as there are so many agencies in Swansea. Try ringing Swansea Universities accommodation or the International Office. They might be able to help. Places like Coppergate, Oldway and St Davids will be expensive and are in the centre of the city. I doubt they are very unsafe but like everywhere caution is recommended.

I hope this helps in some way but studios will be expensive. Some of these are quite central.
https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/flats/studio/swansea/
https://www.primelocation.com/to-rent/property/studio/swansea/
(edited 3 years ago)
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
There are a couple on Zoopla from today. One is listed by Peter Alan a longstanding estate agent based on the new residential area close to the Liberty Stadium. Approx a mile from the main road linking both campuses. Likely to be a quiet location if that is what interests you. A fair walk to the buses though.

There is another on Zoopla in Cambrian Place in the Marina quite close to Wind Street, shopping centre and buses to the university campuses.
Reply 3
Many thanks @swanseajack1

I search through zoopla heavily and I will also look at those you mentioned. As I said it is vital to deal with a reliable agency, especially for a new comer.

I wish there had more and cost effective studio-like accommodations in campus. It is stressful to try to find a good housing.
Original post by swz
Many thanks @swanseajack1

I search through zoopla heavily and I will also look at those you mentioned. As I said it is vital to deal with a reliable agency, especially for a new comer.

I wish there had more and cost effective studio-like accommodations in campus. It is stressful to try to find a good housing.

It largely depends on what you want. Somewhere like Henrefoilan Student Village is fairly cheap and has a mixed clientele. Usually first years and some post grads. It is houses with 7 rooms about 2 miles from Singleton Campus and 7 miles from the Bay Campus. However going from Jan to Jan makes things much more difficult. Many postgrads live in post grad houses in Uplands, Sketty and Brynmill but most student houses are let Sept to August. There a number of lettings agencies in Swansea. It is difficult for anyone to know how good or bad they are.

You could try places like 1 Stop Letting Shop. They have been around letting properties for years and somewhere like Peter Alan or Dawsons are long standing Estate Agencies in the area. Student Digz have been letting properties for years but have had a bad reputation in some quarters within the university recently. Fresh let properties so could be considered and Swansea4 students also let student properties but like most it is September to August

Quick Reply

Latest