The Student Room Group

Woo just got a job in Debenhams

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
:biggrin:
I have got the job, in my interview I asked to be put on children's wear and they told me on the phone thats where i could go :smile:
Got to go in on the 9th of novemeber for a training day woo!
Reply 41
I got a phonecall a few days ago saying I'd got a Sunday job there on womenswear. She said I start on 11th november though, which is a Tuesday. I'm at college then, so hopefully she won't mind me changing that.
Reply 42
Maybe ring them up to check the date? and if they say its the 11th explain to them you have college?
Well done on getting the job :smile:
How long did they take to get back to you all?
Reply 44
It took them a week to contact me for telephone interview and then a job interview.
I had my job interview on 14th October and they got back to me yesterday.

Did you ask them in the interview how long it would take them to contact you? I did and they told me 2 weeks, and then I went on to ask would they still contact me if i didn't get the job, so fingers crossed.
Reply 45
The interviewer said to me they'd get back to me within 21 days if I had been successful, and they got back to me in 20 days haha.
I got the job :biggrin:

Training day on 8th November!
Reply 47
piece_by_piece
I got the job :biggrin:

Training day on 8th November!

Lol I have applied for a Debenhams job as well....:s-smilie:

Anyway,congrats....:yep:Oh yh,how long did it take for them to get back to you???
Sine
Lol I have applied for a Debenhams job as well....:s-smilie:

Anyway,congrats....:yep:Oh yh,how long did it take for them to get back to you???

Thanks!

Well, I applied online and two days later I got a phone call and had the phone interview. Then, a day after that I got a call inviting me for an "assessment day". Then during the assessment day, which was on Saturday, I had a one to one interview and we did some group activities. I heard today that I got the job.

I hope you get it :smile:
Reply 49
piece_by_piece
Thanks!

Well, I applied online and two days later I got a phone call and had the phone interview. Then, a day after that I got a call inviting me for an "assessment day". Then during the assessment day, which was on Saturday, I had a one to one interview and we did some group activities. I heard today that I got the job.

I hope you get it :smile:

Aww thanks...:smile:

Its been like a week now so,its not looking too gd lol....
Sine
Aww thanks...:smile:

Its been like a week now so,its not looking too gd lol....

A week since the assessment centre day? Or since the phone interview?
Reply 51
piece_by_piece
A week since the assessment centre day? Or since the phone interview?

Lol....a week since I sent the online application...
Sine
Lol....a week since I sent the online application...

Oh right. Well I wouldn't worry too much, maybe they're just waiting for a few more applicants and thenthey will contact you all together or something? Don't worry. Apply to loads of places though, I applied to so many places before I got the job at Debenhams.
Reply 53
piece_by_piece
Oh right. Well I wouldn't worry too much, maybe they're just waiting for a few more applicants and thenthey will contact you all together or something? Don't worry. Apply to loads of places though, I applied to so many places before I got the job at Debenhams.

Lol i have...
Reply 54
Well done to everybody who was successfull in their applications, i'm sure you will really enjoy it and hopefully for some of you it may lead to either an extension to your contract or a permanent contract. I have been at debenhams for over 2 years now and it is great! So well done and good luck! If you have any questions just ask :biggrin:

Rob
Rob 07
Well done to everybody who was successfull in their applications, i'm sure you will really enjoy it and hopefully for some of you it may lead to either an extension to your contract or a permanent contract. I have been at debenhams for over 2 years now and it is great! So well done and good luck! If you have any questions just ask :biggrin:

Rob

ok, ill ask :smile:

Are most xmas temps kept on after xmas? im currently in another job but i hate it :frown:
Reply 56
On the phone they said to me would you be willing to work after xmas.
Maybe they will ask you when you start?
Reply 57
tokyorose888
ok, ill ask :smile:

Are most xmas temps kept on after xmas? im currently in another job but i hate it :frown:

It really is dependent upon the store and needs and performance of individual departments.

If you impress your manager i.e. can open debenhams accounts on a regualr basis preferably 1 per shift and can drive ATV (Average transaction value - through suggesting additional items to go with the purchase) and can provide a high level of customer service then you are more likely to be kept on if a position is available.

The problem at the moment is the tough economic and trading conditions which is impacting slightly on sales so it may be the case that not as many christmas temps are kept on.

At my particular store, last year approx 4 or 5 out of 19 were kept on, but as i have already said it depends on individual stores and how many staff they need.

Hope this helps :biggrin:
Rob
Rob 07
It really is dependent upon the store and needs and performance of individual departments.

If you impress your manager i.e. can open debenhams accounts on a regualr basis preferably 1 per shift and can drive ATV (Average transaction value - through suggesting additional items to go with the purchase) and can provide a high level of customer service then you are more likely to be kept on if a position is available.

The problem at the moment is the tough economic and trading conditions which is impacting slightly on sales so it may be the case that not as many christmas temps are kept on.

At my particular store, last year approx 4 or 5 out of 19 were kept on, but as i have already said it depends on individual stores and how many staff they need.

Hope this helps :biggrin:
Rob

did help thnx :smile:

and thnx to all the other replies :smile:
Can I please ask, what goes on at training days for Debenhams?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending