Reply 20
I don't like clubbing either.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
martin-jesusfreak
Hey.
I've just started at Nottingham and I'm not really into the clubbing/drinking scene.
I've found a couple of other guys and we all hang out and have conversations about science and calculators.
If this sounds like you, you're at Notts and want to meet people like yourselves then post here! :yep:

hey, which hall are u in?
SuperSweet
hey, which hall are u in?

Broadgate Park - Larches:yep:
Reply 23
I'm a girl and know nothing about calculators, can I join in? This whole clubbing thing just isn't for me...!
Reply 24
I just don't get it - people are already having their first meeting with A&E in their first damn week - and imo I think they're not even bothered :s-smilie:
Reply 25
i don't like clubbing either :wink:
Me neither. We should all meet up and NOT go clubbing lol.

Hell, I'll even talk to you about calculators :tongue:
*Milky*Way*
Me neither. We should all meet up and NOT go clubbing lol.

Hell, I'll even talk to you about calculators :tongue:

Nice idea that one :p: - I don't particularly like the idea of clubbing either to be honest because of all the risks involved with drunkards , etc.The music they play is mostly rubbish anyway...

jam12
I just don't get it - people are already having their first meeting with A&E in their first damn week - and imo I think they're not even bothered

That's just plain pathetic I agree - some people need their Mums and Dads to keep them in check and suddenly being free from them they do things in excess.
Reply 28
conroe-killed-the-k8-star
That's just plain pathetic I agree - some people need their Mums and Dads to keep them in check and suddenly being free from them they do things in excess.

Too right :/

And you do Mathematical Physics? We've probably been in the same lecture at some point xD; I do straight maths.
<spam>
I do straight maths.
Are you sure you're not gay?
</spam>
How come even normal events have to become alcohol focused? Like charity fund raising...which requires he drinking of bins of cocktails on the way back...
Reply 30
martin-jesusfreak
<spam>
Are you sure you're not gay?
</spam>
How come even normal events have to become alcohol focused? Like charity fund raising...which requires he drinking of bins of cocktails on the way back...

Maybe I am and I just never knew it. :woo: .. .. What else did you think all that 'seduce'ing was about?
Reply 31
martin-jesusfreak

The alcohol is the incentive for a lot of people to go - karni would be nowhere near as successful without alcohol.
alex-hs
The alcohol is the incentive for a lot of people to go - karni would be nowhere near as successful without alcohol.

But it certianly puts people off too. I know several people who really don't think that drinking should be the focal point of all social events. I know that we're in the minority but it still seems unfair:shifty:
You don't need to drink to have a good time.

It does help though!
Reply 34
martin-jesusfreak
But it certianly puts people off too. I know several people who really don't think that drinking should be the focal point of all social events. I know that we're in the minority but it still seems unfair:shifty:

Appealing to the majority is how they get so many people on board though... if they only appealed to a minority of people, they wouldn't be raising £700,000 a year for charity.
martin-jesusfreak

It's like at the Medics' Cocktail party last week. Ok, it wasn't for charity and it was mostly really good fun... but the fact that cocktails were free for the first couple of hours meant everyone was getting totally wasted as quickly as possible... WHY????

You'd think medics would have a bit more respect for their livers :p:
Reply 36
HAHAHA you guys sound fun! - Well I've been at uni 3 years and I've never been drunk and went to just the 1 fresher party before I quit :biggrin: Impressive enough?

Geeks are great - me and my friends are always joking about how we're geeks. I was recently introduced into the world of computer games (ok fine, that was last year, so not so recent) and now I'm looking for a good RPG that my computer can actually support (bought it back in 05). Gaming sessions rule :biggrin:

So, what can you talk about with calculators? I'm afraid I'm more of an Arts geek and not a Mathsy geek.

And I don't go to socials for the alcohol reason - what's so much fun in NOT having conversations, and to have deafeningly loud music giving you severe ear-ache...? And for all that and at least a tenner, you get a hangover as a reward. :rolleyes:
Reply 37
Btw Adam-san - are you Japanese or do you simply study Japanese?

People from this thread should meet up! - No point gathering up like-minded people and then never meet... What would be the point?

Although rest assured, we're not as much of a minority as the media and university would like us to think!
Reply 38
khil
Btw Adam-san - are you Japanese or do you simply study Japanese?

People from this thread should meet up! - No point gathering up like-minded people and then never meet... What would be the point?

Although rest assured, we're not as much of a minority as the media and university would like us to think!

Am I Japanese?! I WISH T_T; I just study it in my spare time.. I'm a bit of a spazz about languages in general actually.

Yeah, we should meet up! Could be fun :biggrin:

And congrats on only going to one party! :p:
Sometime next week?

I'm being dragged out to ISIS tonight so I want something to look forward to lol :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending