The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

*Milky*Way*
Sometime next week?

I'm being dragged out to ISIS tonight so I want something to look forward to lol :tongue:

LOL, have fun:smile:
I'm away this weekend, maybe next Wednesday afternoon...unless any geeks also do sports...but I'm assuming that's unlikely:yep:...I'll send out some PMs with confirmed details so we don't get gate-crashed by random people:wink:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
If anyone would like to be my guest on the Business Booze Cruise instead of going to Isis let me know :biggrin:

£20/ticket but free booze all night! :biggrin:
martin-jesusfreak
LOL, have fun:smile:
I'm away this weekend, maybe next Wednesday afternoon...unless any geeks also do sports...but I'm assuming that's unlikely:yep:...I'll send out some PMs with confirmed details so we don't get gate-crashed by random people:wink:

Yeah - I'm away this weekend too. I do a geek "sport"...yoga. But that's in the evening. If we could make it late-ish afternoon that'd be great because medics are out on GP placements in the morning and it's gonna take me a while to get back. :wink:
Christian_j
If anyone would like to be my guest on the Business Booze Cruise instead of going to Isis let me know :biggrin:

£20/ticket but free booze all night! :biggrin:

Of all the people to invite, you seek out the geek thread... lol.

Where are you cruisin?
Lol I dont think anyone else at nottingham ever looks in here :biggrin:

Cruising down the Trent, apparently - there used to be so much rubbish in there that you could simply walk down it but I hear they've taken the trolleys out, so the cruiser can err sail again :cool:
Christian_j
Lol I dont think anyone else at nottingham ever looks in here :biggrin:

Cruising down the Trent, apparently - there used to be so much rubbish in there that you could simply walk down it but I hear they've taken the trolleys out, so the cruiser can err sail again :cool:

er... sounds nice :p:
You know you're jealous.
Christian_j
You know you're jealous.

You're probably right... Isis isn't the best club in the world :s-smilie:
There is a chemsoc "Lets get ship-wrecked"...to be honest as a non-drinker I don't find the prospect of an evening on a boat with an open bar too appealing...and it's £20...I'm so not going to get through £20 in soft drinks in one evening...
It usually has strippers in, which is obviously a redeeming factor, unless you're a girl in which case it probably isn't lol - but it's not brilliant...

By the way, shouldn't you change your sig? Unless I'm mistaken you're definitely at Nottingham :biggrin:
Martin, i forgot about the drinking thing - I'm personally not going to get through £20 of booze (though I will try) but I quite fancy getting out my room this week :biggrin:
Christian_j
Martin, i forgot about the drinking thing - I'm personally not going to get through £20 of booze (though I will try) but I quite fancy getting out my room this week :biggrin:

LOL. Good luck with that!
I am planning to leave my room occasionally too...In fact I went for a rather pleasant bike ride this afternoon...and I'm out this evening...:yep:
Christian_j
By the way, shouldn't you change your sig? Unless I'm mistaken you're definitely at Nottingham :biggrin:

Yeah, I realised that after I'd posted it...

Are you coming to our geek gathering? should be a hoot :smile:

Have fun getting your £20 worth! :p:
I don;t want to feel I'm intruding on your geekery but I do wear glasses and have been known to put effort into work :biggrin:

If you put me in the private PM loop I will see if I'm free nd may drop by if that's alright?
By the way, I'd watch out for Martin sending out details, I have a feeling you would all get the private messages telling you the right place and I'd get one telling me to meet at 123 Fake Street :wink:
Reply 55
Adam-san
Am I Japanese?! I WISH T_T; I just study it in my spare time.. I'm a bit of a spazz about languages in general actually.

Yeah, we should meet up! Could be fun :biggrin:

And congrats on only going to one party! :p:

Haha yeh I went through a bit of a phase with wishing I was Japanese :biggrin: I've got the anime and manga and songs to pretend to be if ever I wanted to - though all that stuff is roughly 10 years out of date but no average Englishman will know that hehe. I'm actually Chinese :biggrin:

Ooh a language whizz are you? - what languages do you speak, or are learning? Do you study languages?

Ooh a geeky gathering? - I'm all up for it! :yep: If you're making it the afternoon then I can't make Monday or Wednesday, as I have lectures in the afternoon for both days. Any other day is fine :smile:

Btw whoever's organising this - it might be an idea to form a group on Facebook, mostly so that people know what each other look like :smile: I remember the last time I tried to organise a TSR meet-up it was a failure because no one knew what each other looked like! Just a thought :wink:

If people are wanting a nice, chilled-out place to meet on campus, my dept is absolutely gorgeous. It's got huge soft couches everywhere with a glass wall on one side looking out over the lake and the park with the trent tower beyond. It's the Art History dept - check it out :biggrin:
Reply 56
mahahaha, I'm so up for this geek gathering! Perhaps I'm not a geek in the conventional sense, but enough so to be hanging out on TSR... (and abbreviating it :smile: )
Reply 57
On Wednesdays at Isis, the place isn't a strip-club. Just a normal club.

Also, I think the Business Booze Cruise might have teamed up with the Economics Booze Cruise this year. I went to the Economics one last year - it was actually really good - but only because of the open bar :colonhash:. So I don't think you'll have a great time if you don't drink. The ticket should also include entry to Oceana at the end IIRC.
Reply 58
khil
Haha yeh I went through a bit of a phase with wishing I was Japanese :biggrin: I've got the anime and manga and songs to pretend to be if ever I wanted to - though all that stuff is roughly 10 years out of date but no average Englishman will know that hehe. I'm actually Chinese :biggrin:

Ooh a language whizz are you? - what languages do you speak, or are learning? Do you study languages?

Ooh a geeky gathering? - I'm all up for it! :yep: If you're making it the afternoon then I can't make Monday or Wednesday, as I have lectures in the afternoon for both days. Any other day is fine :smile:

Btw whoever's organising this - it might be an idea to form a group on Facebook, mostly so that people know what each other look like :smile: I remember the last time I tried to organise a TSR meet-up it was a failure because no one knew what each other looked like! Just a thought :wink:

If people are wanting a nice, chilled-out place to meet on campus, my dept is absolutely gorgeous. It's got huge soft couches everywhere with a glass wall on one side looking out over the lake and the park with the trent tower beyond. It's the Art History dept - check it out :biggrin:

Omg. What songs/anime/manga do you like!? I hope you've seen Full Metal Alchemist *dies* That anime is the BEST but so sad T_T, and as for bands, I'm into Dir en Grey (Omg I saw them live in London last year), Gazette, Miyavi, X-Japan, Antique Cafe, Psycho le Cemu, Malice Mizer (a bit) and probably some others I've forgotten xD; I also like Korean and Chinese music a bit, but I don't know a lot about that. OMG YOU'RE CHINESE... I WILL BE GLOMPING YOU. OMG. >_>;

Omg, perhaps not 'whizz' lmao, but I'm a language fanatic. Omg. Just about every language? No, really. I did French A-level, and an Advanced Extension Award in it .. So I'm okay at French. I also love Japanese. And language on my 'to-do' list, which I enjoy reading about but am not seriously learning at the mo include: German, Mandarin (你好吗?我叫Adam,你叫什么?你是中国人吗?), Polish (Don't ask), Korean, Latin, Greek (Only because a friend is interested in it.. Plus the roots in English are interesting).. Yeah I think that's it xD;

Yay, geeky gathering! =D I'll be there, and square.

Wow, your department sounds like the place to be at =D :woo:
Reply 59

May I join in with your geek gathering? It sounds rather awesome. :smile:
A Facebook group sounds a good idea too. Though it's likely I won't recognise anyone even if I see them on Facebook first... I'm terrible with faces.. -_-

Latest

Trending

Trending