The Student Room Group

Admiral quotes not appearing?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scg123
Hello, my car insurance expires in around a month and a half. I am currently with Tesco Bank Box insurance but all my new quotes seem to be without black boxes now which is great.

So I've been getting a few quotes ahead of time, maybe over the last few weeks and I put in the furthest date just for quote purposes. I have done this because I need to know how much to budget for car insurance as it's fairly expensive due to the car I drive.

Recently I tried to get quotes with different comparison sites and none of the Admiral quotes came up, this included the quotes which have the same price as admiral such as Ford Insure etc. (I'm assuming they are all owned by the same company). So, I get the feeling I have been blacklisted for looking up too many quotes.

Now, I shouldn't need to care about this as there are other quotes, apart from the fact that these were the cheapest quotes from Admiral and now they won't give me any quotes at all on any comparison site.

I have tried going on their website to get a direct quote, I typed all the details in, they said I was already registered (from around 18 months ago). I then had an email with a link to my quote but the link they gave didn't work.

I feel like I've been blacklisted for getting too many quotes. Could someone help me out here with a solution? I have seen other posts on TSR about this but they didn't really come up with a resolution. Do I ring them and ask them under GDPR if I have been blacklisted?

Original post by IWMTom
Yes you're blacklisted, but only temporarily, and you haven't done anything wrong.

In my experience, Admiral stop quoting for two reasons.

1) you're already with them and close to your renewal date
2) you've obtained too many quotes in a short period of time

It costs them money to produce a quote for you as they will go and consult credit reference agencies amongst other things to formulate a premium calculation.

They should still be happy to quote you directly, but expect the premium to be wildly different from what comparison sites were listing.

Hi, just wondering how long do the blocks you're talking about last? Are they 'temporary'? How long until you are able to see Admiral again on the websites? Thanks
Original post by ALevel Student 1
Hi, just wondering how long do the blocks you're talking about last? Are they 'temporary'? How long until you are able to see Admiral again on the websites? Thanks

Hey did u manage to find the answer. How long it took for you to see the quotes again? Thanks
Original post by ALevel Student 1
Did anyone find out how long the 'temporary' blocks last?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending