The Student Room Group

what good degree can I do with chemistry, biology and psychology a level

What good degree could I do with Chemistry Biology and Chemistry A levels as well as an EPQ. I expect to get ab A in biology an A in Chemistry and an A* in Psychology with an A in EPQ.

I was thinking about doing Pharmacy but after reading what others had to say about poor job prospects and the introduction of AI I think its better to look at other opportunities. I welcome any ideas, I got 9 in business, 8 in Biology, 7 in Chemistry, 7 in maths and a 5 in English language. As well as some other grades 7-5.
Medicine
Original post by sognatore
Medicine

I doubt my grades are high enough to go into medicine, I only got 5 A’s at gcse the rest was 2 b’s and 3 c’s.
Original post by FrancescaDav03
I doubt my grades are high enough to go into medicine, I only got 5 A’s at gcse the rest was 2 b’s and 3 c’s.

Those grades are not bad. What were your C’s in? If your C’s were in maths, english language and science, you could resit them so you’ll have more options when you want to apply. Most med schools accept GCSE resit and most only want >=6/B in those subjects.

Have a look at this link - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/results/gcse/medical-school-gcse-requirements - This is the GCSE entry requirement at each med school
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by sognatore
Those grades are not bad. What were your C’s in? If your C’s were in maths, english language and science, you could resit them so you’ll have more options when you want to apply. Most med schools accept GCSE resit and most only want >=6/B in those subjects.

Have a look at this link - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/results/gcse/medical-school-gcse-requirements - This is the GCSE entry requirement at each med school

My c’s were in English Lang, Lit and French. Only 6 of the list I could apply to I mean its enough and I wanted to do medicine but I didnt see myself as a candidate because of my gcse’s.
My c’s were in English Lang, Lit and French. Only 6 of the list I could apply to I mean its enough and I wanted to do medicine but I didnt see myself as a candidate because of my gcse’s.

You’re fine, most med schools don’t score GCSEs when selecting candidates for interviews, they just want you to meet the entry requirement. If you want, you can resit your English language to get a better grade so that you’ll have more options when you want to apply. But it’s up to you.

Read https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine - on there, you can find out more about medicine admissions, application etc.
(edited 3 years ago)
I was thinking about Pharmacy but the job prospects don’t look too good as well as the introduction of AI into Pharmacy and I want to earn a decent wage. I expect to achieve A*AA at a level A for chem and bio and A* for psych, Im also doing an EPQ. At GCSE I achieved 1 9, 1 8, 3 7’s , 2 B’s and 3 C’s. Biology, Chemistry and Maths were 8, 7 and 7. Unfortunately, I got a 5 in English Language though.

I want to know what good uni degree I could do with my A levels
What good degree could I do with Chemistry Biology and Chemistry A levels as well as an EPQ. I expect to get ab A in biology an A in Chemistry and an A* in Psychology with an A in EPQ.

I was thinking about doing Pharmacy but after reading what others had to say about poor job prospects and the introduction of AI I think its better to look at other opportunities. I welcome any ideas, I got 9 in business, 8 in Biology, 7 in Chemistry, 7 in maths and a 5 in English language. As well as some other grades 7-5.

I think you can still find good jobs in the pharmacy aspect of work - there’s quite good pay for it as well if you manage to reach the higher bands
I was thinking about Pharmacy but the job prospects don’t look too good as well as the introduction of AI into Pharmacy and I want to earn a decent wage. I expect to achieve A*AA at a level A for chem and bio and A* for psych, Im also doing an EPQ. At GCSE I achieved 1 9, 1 8, 3 7’s , 2 B’s and 3 C’s. Biology, Chemistry and Maths were 8, 7 and 7. Unfortunately, I got a 5 in English Language though.

I want to know what good uni degree I could do with my A levels

Biomedical Science is always a good degree for those A Levels. There's always Medicine, which would probably be most suiting to a student taking Biology and Chemistry. EPQ (usually) lowers your entry requirements, which is always helpful too. Psychology degrees also benefit from students taking Biology and Psychology, which I'm sure is super interesting. Biochemistry, that's similar/relevant in a way to Pharmacy, and opens up lots of doors.

I'd say research courses what you WANT to do. Many people do medicine just because it is the safest and well-paid profession, but regret it later down the line and ask themselves 'what if' they had gone for their passion. If you are good at something and are passionate about it, you can go really far. Putting the time in increases your chances of becoming more successful.
That's not to say you shouldn't go for medicine; if medicine is your passion go for it, but don't get swayed towards it because of other people's advice and the many people on TSR doing medicine.
As above - GPs and Hospital Consultants do not win Nobel Prizes - Virologists, Drug Developers, Geneticists etc, do.
Reply 12
Original post by username5567480
Medicine

mbbs?

Latest

Trending

Trending