York vs Nottingham Uni

For York, I've applied for History,
I like the vibe of the uni
the campus looks nice
the city looks lovely to be in

For Nottingham, I've applied for History and Politics
I like the range of music societies there
the campus looks nice from pictures
I have never been to the city, but it might be cool to live somewhere I've never stayed before

Any advice on which one I should firm?
Eek, so first of all I have no idea about Your course but I live in notts and plan on going to York for uni, when I went to visit York I fell in love, I mean it’s so pretty lol and the campus feels super safe! As for the city of notts it’s pretty standard it’s quite big and has a lot of shops and places to eat. I find it kinda overwhelming sometimes BUT the uni is set outside of the city centre which I think is really nice. Idk how much that helped. Any questions let me know 😊
University of York
York
Original post by Anonymous
Eek, so first of all I have no idea about Your course but I live in notts and plan on going to York for uni, when I went to visit York I fell in love, I mean it’s so pretty lol and the campus feels super safe! As for the city of notts it’s pretty standard it’s quite big and has a lot of shops and places to eat. I find it kinda overwhelming sometimes BUT the uni is set outside of the city centre which I think is really nice. Idk how much that helped. Any questions let me know 😊

Ah ok nice, so I guess place wise it's about whether I want a bustling newer city or a much older one
Original post by matty_draps
For York, I've applied for History,
I like the vibe of the uni
the campus looks nice
the city looks lovely to be in

For Nottingham, I've applied for History and Politics
I like the range of music societies there
the campus looks nice from pictures
I have never been to the city, but it might be cool to live somewhere I've never stayed before

Any advice on which one I should firm?

Hi @matty_draps, both the University of York and the University of Nottingham are members of the Russell Group meaning that they offer world-leading research, outstanding teaching and learning experiences and they often have unrivalled links with businesses and the public sector. If you are struggling on which choice to firm, my advice would be to look at both courses in detail. For instance, go onto both universities' websites and look at the modules and course content of both courses to see which appeals to you most, and aligns with your interests. This is a huge decision so you want to ensure that you are making the right choice for you. It may also be worth thinking about any extra-curricula activities you are interested in and checking whether each university offers them.

I hope this helps slightly and if you have any questions do ask :smile:

Vicki
Student Recruitment Coordinator

Quick Reply

Latest