The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea accommodation

Hi, I got an offer for Swansea uni starting Sep21' for journalism, media and communications. I'm curious about where is the most popular accommodation, and in that in comparison for shops and nights out!!??xx
Original post by enyagrace
Hi, I got an offer for Swansea uni starting Sep21' for journalism, media and communications. I'm curious about where is the most popular accommodation, and in that in comparison for shops and nights out!!??xx

The course you are looking at is run on Singleton campus which is about 2 miles from the city centre with very regular buses. It has around 1200 rooms on campus and the accommodation tends to be older. Some has private facilities but much hasnt. Wherever you are you will be within 5 minutes walk of your lectures,the campus, shop, bar, nightclub and restaurants. There is the Student village 2 miles away with nearly 700 rooms with shared accommodation. Not much there but it has buses to the main campus which takes 10 minutes.

Many prefer to stay on the Bay Campus which is new having opened 5 years ago. This is approx 5 miles to the Campus. It has ensuite accommodation but tends to be expensive. The bus takes 20-30 minutes each way.

There are a number of private halls in or near the city centre and the bus takes about 10-15 minutes to the campus.

What is right for you only you can really say. It is about cost against convenience and is something you will need to decide.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest