The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Hertfordshire University Accommodation

Hello! I am looking to start my undergraduate degree at University of Hertfordshire and have been looking at the accommodation online. *My campus would be College Lane* Obviously it is very hard to get a feel for the rooms since we can't visit. - I am not much of party goer -
I was wondering if De Havilland or College Lane is better interior wise?
Hi!!

Both campuses are fairly nice. The accomodation on College Lane looks far more modern as it was updated more recently than De Hav (with the exception of Telford Court, which hasn't been remodelled to the same extent).

The interiors it really depends on the type of room you apply for. There's a Standard Room, Enhanced, Townhouse, Twin, Studio and Single (Telford).

I am currently staying in a standard room, and it's very nice. Has a large desk and decent amount of storage space (under the bed, in your wardrobe and in drawers). It also has it's own personal bathroom. You share a kitchen with your flatmates.

Enhanced is pretty much exactly the same, but a queen size bed instead of a single and more storage space for a much larger price. I applied for enhanced and was disappointed when I got standard, but honestly standard feels pretty much the same.

Townhouse I believe is similar to a standard room, but you don't get your own personal bathroom, you have to share it with one other person. I think there is more floor space in a townhouse.

Twin rooms are pretty big, you share a room with one other person. You both get your own desk and wardrobe, and you share a bathroom within your room.

Studios are similar to Enhanced/Standard, but you get some kitchen equipment too so you can cook your meals in here. You get a table and your own bathroom.

Telford is similar to a standard room but it's laid out differently, and you don't get your own bathroom. From my memory, you share a bathroom with one other person.

You can find photos uploaded onto the university's website, and if you look on Youtube and around the internet you can find photos that people have uploaded too.

( university's website https://www.herts.ac.uk/life/student-accommodation )

Majority of people tend to prefer College Lane's rooms over De Hav, but De Hav's rooms aren't bad.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by iinkhat
Hi!!

Both campuses are fairly nice. The accomodation on College Lane looks far more modern as it was updated more recently than De Hav (with the exception of Telford Court, which hasn't been remodelled to the same extent).

The interiors it really depends on the type of room you apply for. There's a Standard Room, Enhanced, Townhouse, Twin, Studio and Single (Telford).

I am currently staying in a standard room, and it's very nice. Has a large desk and decent amount of storage space (under the bed, in your wardrobe and in drawers). It also has it's own personal bathroom. You share a kitchen with your flatmates.

Enhanced is pretty much exactly the same, but a queen size bed instead of a single and more storage space for a much larger price. I applied for enhanced and was disappointed when I got standard, but honestly standard feels pretty much the same.

Townhouse I believe is similar to a standard room, but you don't get your own personal bathroom, you have to share it with one other person. I think there is more floor space in a townhouse.

Twin rooms are pretty big, you share a room with one other person. You both get your own desk and wardrobe, and you share a bathroom within your room.

Studios are similar to Enhanced/Standard, but you get some kitchen equipment too so you can cook your meals in here. You get a table and your own bathroom.

Telford is similar to a standard room but it's laid out differently, and you don't get your own bathroom. From my memory, you share a bathroom with one other person.

You can find photos uploaded onto the university's website, and if you look on Youtube and around the internet you can find photos that people have uploaded too.

( university's website https://www.herts.ac.uk/life/student-accommodation )

Majority of people tend to prefer College Lane's rooms over De Hav, but De Hav's rooms aren't bad.

thankyou so much for getting back to me! i have been looking at the website regularly to try and see which one would be best for me:smile: i think i will probably go with the standard :smile:
Guys I’m kind of stuck between uni of Hertfordshire and Birmingham city! Which one would you think overall you would have a good university experience, in terms of city life (like what you can do in the city), social life, nightlife and the unis themselves
So basically would you pick a midlands uni or Hertfordshire?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
So basically would you pick a midlands uni or Hertfordshire?

hey! this is the link to the OFFICIAL Hertfordshire university applications ( https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6681992 ) you might get a better answer on there since it post didn't reach a lot of people:smile:
Original post by raglett
hey! this is the link to the OFFICIAL Hertfordshire university applications ( https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6681992 ) you might get a better answer on there since it post didn't reach a lot of people:smile:

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending