The Student Room Group
How is your course at Glamorgan, like the last two years? I have been to the Glamorgan open day today and am wondering if it would be better to do a Media Production, Film and Video or Television course there! Any advice?
Depends on what you want to do. If you know where you want to go do one of the specific courses like Film & Video or Video & Television because they get you making films and taking on the different like producer, director etc. DO NOT DO media production. It sucks. I know because I did the first year over 07-08 and have just dropped out after a couple of weeks into this, the second year.
coolkitten12
How is your course at Glamorgan, like the last two years? I have been to the Glamorgan open day today and am wondering if it would be better to do a Media Production, Film and Video or Television course there! Any advice?

Thought of a couple more things. Look into your options, university may not be the right path. Some media jobs require more practical skills than others e.g. camera operator, whilst others require more academic/business skills e.g. producer. Above all research your chosen career area. If you want to be an editor see what courses have a lot of editing involved. Try the film schools. It really depends on what type of career you want to get into. Another thing worth doing is if you know what you want to be find out about people in that area and send them an email. They might know of somewhere that does on the job training or know the best course you can do.
thanks so much this is really helpful! I'm taking a year out next year to work on a portfolio and hpefully get some work experience. thank you for your advice.

Latest

Trending

Trending