The Student Room Group

Charityworks 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emmakatemcc
Also does anyone have any idea how many rounds there are?

This was on the email, so looks like 3 rounds?

6-7th April 2021, Assessment Centre Briefings Register through one of the links above and add to your calendar
12-13th April 2021, Assessment Centre Task: Written Exercise
28th April - 14th May 2021, Assessment Centre Task: Interviews
2nd - 10th June 2021, Assessment Centre Task: Group Exercises
July 2021, Outcome of Assessment Centre
July - December 2021, Placement Matching
Hi Guys,

Congrats to the people who got through to the assessment centre round! So, the written exercise will be taking place (12th - 13th April) - was wondering if anybody knows what the process will be?

Will it be a case study? Will there be a verbal reasoning test (I know that this has been the case years prior)?

I know we have briefings on 6th / 7th but just want to start prepping! Will be my first time doing assessments for a job role!

Thank you!
Original post by emmakatemcc
Hey, I just received an email today congratulating me again for getting to the next round and reminding me to sign up to the assessment centre briefing but I just checked my emails (and my junk) and this is the first I’ve been told I got through lol. Anyone else? Could just be me but looking back to previous threads it seems like their emailing can be patchy sometimes...

same thing happened to me! I have emailed them - have you heard anything else since? Thanks:smile:
Original post by allymac175
same thing happened to me! I have emailed them - have you heard anything else since? Thanks:smile:

Yeah they emailed back apologising for the error and forwarded me the original email. I also got an email this morning reminding people to sign up to the assessment centre info talks
Yay I got through as well. Congrats everyone, I am doing the briefing tomorrow, is anyone else? I emailed them I had the same thing about not receiving first email and they said it was a glitch but its fine.
Reply 25
Has anyone had their interview yet? Just wondering how people found them!
Reply 26
Original post by EilidhF
Has anyone had their interview yet? Just wondering how people found them!

I had mine last week, I thought it went well enough - no surprises and I felt like what they told us beforehand was more than enough to prepare. I'm much more nervous about the group exercises though! How did yours go?
I have my interview tomorrow! I'm so nervous, have no idea what questions they'll ask to prepare for it. I'm nervous for the group ones too
I have my interview on Friday - good luck guys! If you know your experiences + values inside out and remain calm, you will smash it :biggrin:
Reply 29
Anyone know when we'll receive emails letting us know if we got through or not? :smile:
I am not sure! Sometime soon though I think :smile: how do you think your application went?
Reply 31
I'm not sure tbh! Definitely flopped the interview but think the other parts went well. Wbu?
Original post by awoo42
I'm not sure tbh! Definitely flopped the interview but think the other parts went well. Wbu?

Same as me - for some reason the interview threw me off as I prepared for a lot more competency-based questions! also I just kinda suck at interviews lol but fingers crossed for us both !!
Just wondering if anyone has heard back about whether they got onto a placement? They said they'd get back to us before the middle of this month I think. Feeling a bit restless after such a long wait!
Reply 34
Original post by applicant98
Just wondering if anyone has heard back about whether they got onto a placement? They said they'd get back to us before the middle of this month I think. Feeling a bit restless after such a long wait!

I just found out I've been waitlisted! I'd check your emails now:smile: anyone else been put on the waitlist?
Reply 35
Original post by awoo42
I just found out I've been waitlisted! I'd check your emails now:smile: anyone else been put on the waitlist?

I have!
Reply 36
Original post by awoo42

Yes i have!
I just got waitlisted too. Not sure how to feel! I wonder how many of us have been put on it and the likelihood of us being offered a job...
Hi all, I’ve also been waitlisted!
I got waitlisted too! I guess we'll find out more about it at the webinar, well done everyone :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending