The Student Room Group

Are recruitment consultants negatively affected if I don't get the job?

Hi,

This may come off as a silly question, I apologise.

I have recently been corresponding with a recruitment consultant, and she put forward my CV to a job, which requires a few steps in the application process;

- A test
- A phone interview
- An in-person interview

Based on my CV, current academic record etc, I have a very strong profile and she said I should have a good shot at getting this job. However, ultimately, I failed on the test (based on me recalling the questions, I think I would have only narrowly failed, but still failed nonetheless) which is quite embarrassing for someone with my background, but ultimately it is just part of the process and it is the kick in the nuts I need to not be complacent.

I know it is part of her job to be nice and approachable, but she really has been superb so far, and I can't help but worry about whether my failure would negatively affect her own career. Again, I know its part of their job to understand that some of their candidates would fail, but it would still be nice to know how badly they are affected.
Original post by Sid2001
Hi,

This may come off as a silly question, I apologise.

I have recently been corresponding with a recruitment consultant, and she put forward my CV to a job, which requires a few steps in the application process;

- A test
- A phone interview
- An in-person interview

Based on my CV, current academic record etc, I have a very strong profile and she said I should have a good shot at getting this job. However, ultimately, I failed on the test (based on me recalling the questions, I think I would have only narrowly failed, but still failed nonetheless) which is quite embarrassing for someone with my background, but ultimately it is just part of the process and it is the kick in the nuts I need to not be complacent.

I know it is part of her job to be nice and approachable, but she really has been superb so far, and I can't help but worry about whether my failure would negatively affect her own career. Again, I know its part of their job to understand that some of their candidates would fail, but it would still be nice to know how badly they are affected.

The agency she works for won't get commission if one of the candidates they put forward for the role doesn't get it (they might have put forward several candidates for it). Individually, she may also miss out on some commission. But they shouldn't be badly affected because it's quite normal for one of their candidates to not get an offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending