The Student Room Group

What SIA security badge is worth training for?

So I’m 30 I’ve recently dropped out of college not willing to discuss why, just so I don’t get criticised it was through no fault of my own, more to do with the college not able to sort something out for me. Anyway I’m looking at jobs and I’m being pulled towards security, lots of the openings are experience preferred but not essential which is great since I don’t have security experience.

I’m not sure which badge I should train towards. There’s two badges SIA Door supervisor and the other is the SIA security guard. The door supervisor is for the clubs and places that serves alcohol but lets you do everything the security guard badge does, (security badge doesn’t let you work at places like bars and clubs) I’m NOT looking at working on the clubs or pubs couldn’t be bothered dealing with the drunks. I’m mainly looking at retail, NHS and factories.

Anyway does anyone have any advice on which would be the better badge to train towards
Reply 1
Original post by Dave_30
So I’m 30 I’ve recently dropped out of college not willing to discuss why, just so I don’t get criticised it was through no fault of my own, more to do with the college not able to sort something out for me. Anyway I’m looking at jobs and I’m being pulled towards security, lots of the openings are experience preferred but not essential which is great since I don’t have security experience.

I’m not sure which badge I should train towards. There’s two badges SIA Door supervisor and the other is the SIA security guard. The door supervisor is for the clubs and places that serves alcohol but lets you do everything the security guard badge does, (security badge doesn’t let you work at places like bars and clubs) I’m NOT looking at working on the clubs or pubs couldn’t be bothered dealing with the drunks. I’m mainly looking at retail, NHS and factories.

Anyway does anyone have any advice on which would be the better badge to train towards

Hi,

This is something that I’ve looked at myself recently.

From what I’ve read, the SIA Door Supervisor course will enable you to work as a security guard in retail and hospitals etc as it covers all security roles.

The SIA security guard course will cover you for just manned security guarding.

I’d recommend getting the door supervisor as it covers your for a lot more and only costs a little extra.

Please see the below site which explains it all quite clearly.

https://www.get-licensed.co.uk/licence/get-sia-licence

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending