The Student Room Group

Why are they scaring me ??

So I got a job at Pret.

They have been telling me that its a very hard job which I know. So I am on a 3-month trial to see whether Im suitable or not.

I have worked at a Cafe with 1 year experience but their technology was very basic in comparison to Pret.

Basically they wanna know if I can handle the stress.

TBF 2 of my friend who had no prior experience was able to do this job. They started it after they finish GCSEs. They passed the trial

Now they are 18. So am I.

So if they were able to why not I?

I had no issues but IDK what 2 say.

If my 16 year old friend with no experience manage to secure a job at Pret why not I. I do believe I am on a similar level as him if not higher.
(edited 10 months ago)
Maybe they have had people let them down and are trying to weed out anyone that is likely to be flakey.

In any case it is a bit over the top for serving coffees and you are well qualified to do the job. Don’t worry and I hope it suits you.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Maybe they have had people let them down and are trying to weed out anyone that is likely to be flakey.

In any case it is a bit over the top for serving coffees and you are well qualified to do the job. Don’t worry and I hope it suits you.

So Yesterday I had a trial day and within 15 minutes I was able to serve customers on tills by myself.

I was also able to serve coffees on my trial cos they initially wanted to know what I was capable of.

I served about 10 hot drinks in space of 20 minutes.

I am going to be working full time so I believe within 2 weeks max I will be quite good.

Just new technology new environment that's all.
Pret is not a ''very hard job'' lmfao :rofl:
Reply 4
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Pret is not a ''very hard job'' lmfao :rofl:

Why are they doing this to me?

I know I will get use to it.
Original post by zayn_24
Why are they doing this to me?

I know I will get use to it.

Dunno, just ignore their gaslighting and smash the trial period.
When you say 3 month trial are you sure you don't mean probation? I think thats similar in most places tbh e.g. fast food jobs :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Chronoscope
When you say 3 month trial are you sure you don't mean probation? I think thats similar in most places tbh e.g. fast food jobs :smile:

IDEK that what the manager said.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending