The Student Room Group

Possible entrance to IT Field? Please

Hello, I hope you are well my dream job is to pursue a position as a IT First Line Technical Support Engineer. I’ve studied IT at GCSES, College and have got a Degree in Computer Networks and Technology the only drawback is the overall grade of the degree a 2:2 and yes I know before you say anything I was 4% off a 2:1 :frown:. I now want help please to how do I approach finding IT First Line Jobs. Is me having a degree in Computing advantageous and could it really be a job I can easily get does it really require that much experience as part of the skills or does it require something else. Does anyone know any companies worthy of applying of for this type of position. I have a massive fear of a career and retail and I hope what I am thinking isn’t true and what other positions with a degree in this subject open to in the IT Sector. Thank you for all your tips, advice and support as usual :smile:.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Which part of the country are you in/ looking for work in? First line support jobs are generally not hard to find but it does vary by region.
Original post by ajj2000
Which part of the country are you in/ looking for work in? First line support jobs are generally not hard to find but it does vary by region.

London please
Reply 3
Original post by Mohammed_80
London please

There are loads. Just look on recruitment websites and apply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending