The Student Room Group

Anyone applying for the Black Heart foundation scholarship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Lauren___J
I read on one of their Instagram posts that they awarded 152 scholarships in 2020 and that they awarded another 50 scholarships in March of this year, so I think 50 people will be awarded from each quarterly cohort, but I'm not sure!!

Thanks
Original post by Jsjdkskw675
People who applied this year you mean, or people who were successful in previous years?

successful in previous years yeah

also re the partial vs full funding... if i could have funded some myself then it is unlikely that i would've approached a scholarship for funding... i'm broke, most i could fund myself is like a few thousand :frown:
Well it seems like those of us who applied in the March - May cohort are going to receive our responses in late July/August. But I wish they would give us a time frame cause most of us internationals have alot to do before September such as visa applications, English tests etc and we can't do that if this scholarship is the determining factor of whether or not we join uni 😢 *silently crying*
Original post by Misslindseyke
Well it seems like those of us who applied in the March - May cohort are going to receive our responses in late July/August. But I wish they would give us a time frame cause most of us internationals have alot to do before September such as visa applications, English tests etc and we can't do that if this scholarship is the determining factor of whether or not we join uni 😢 *silently crying*

Omg.....did you explicitly ask and get this response? That it after the deadline for fulfilling my conditions
Original post by Jsjdkskw675
Omg.....did you explicitly ask and get this response? That it after the deadline for fulfilling my conditions

No its just a guess cause the last cohort took about four months to get responses so probably ours will take four months too
If anyone from the current cohort gets an update or response, please update us kindly
If anyone from the current cohort gets an update or response, please update us kindly

I am yet to hear back - and I applied around mid-March
Reply 87

Nothing yet, sent my application March 8
17th May....... think I'm in for a long wait
:s-smilie:
Reply 89
Original post by 2Ariadne2
17th May....... think I'm in for a long wait
:s-smilie:

Me too
Hey everyone! So does the organization also consider international students who like live in Africa cause I've heard that the Uk immigration only accepts scholarships from international organizations
Hey everyone! So does the organization also consider international students who like live in Africa cause I've heard that the Uk immigration only accepts scholarships from international organizations

Not sure about this, it may be best to give them an email and ask directly.
Hi everyone. So for those asking when they will receive the outcome of their application, this is what it says on the website currently.

Applications are accepted twice a year

Cohort 1: Applications will be accepted between 1st March and 15th August. Applicants will be informed of the outcome by 30th September

Cohort 2: Applications will be accepted between 16th August and 31st October. Applicants will be informed of the outcome by the 31st December

We will not be accepting applications between 1st November 28th February. If you submit an application during this time it will be added to the applications to be reviewed as part of cohort 1

*Please note, the above does not apply if you submitted an application prior to 16th June 2021*

*Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted and all scholarships will be announced on The Black Heart Foundation website.*

Regarding the first N.B. you may want to email them and ask why the information regarding applications dont apply for those who applied before 16th June? It might help clear up any confusion you have on when you might hear back.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey guys ...also applied for the blackheart late march and still waiting for the outcome. Im hoping for the best. Im alao an international student. I applied last year and i did not get the funding, i hope this will be my year with God's will. Lets all hope for the best
I am looking to apply for this scolarship but struggling with the 1200 word essay. I dont know what to write, did everyone write around 1200 words?
Has any received a scholarship from them yet? I mean the ones who applied for the current cohort
Original post by shamaila_abedin
Hi everyone. So for those asking when they will receive the outcome of their application, this is what it says on the website currently.

Applications are accepted twice a year

Cohort 1: Applications will be accepted between 1st March and 15th August. Applicants will be informed of the outcome by 30th September

Cohort 2: Applications will be accepted between 16th August and 31st October. Applicants will be informed of the outcome by the 31st December

We will not be accepting applications between 1st November 28th February. If you submit an application during this time it will be added to the applications to be reviewed as part of cohort 1

*Please note, the above does not apply if you submitted an application prior to 16th June 2021*

*Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted and all scholarships will be announced on The Black Heart Foundation website.*

Regarding the first N.B. you may want to email them and ask why the information regarding applications dont apply for those who applied before 16th June? It might help clear up any confusion you have on when you might hear back.

What about those who submitted before June 16th.......???
Im not sure, im just quoting what was on the website. I think it’s best to email them and ask about it.
Hey everyone! Just want to give an update for all of those who applied in the same cohort as me (the March/April cohort). I emailed the foundation to ask for some updates on when we could possibly hear a response for our applications, and I was told that they are at the very final stages of the reviews for our cohort. They can't give a specific timeline (they said they have such a high volume of applications to get through), but they're hoping to come back to us with outcomes as soon as possible, so I'm hoping it will come back some time in August!

Still got my fingers crossed for us all !
Hi guys. Does anyone how to fill up the application form and the budget sheet for the scholarship? My Macbook isnt able to open the application form for some reason.
I also wanted to ask if anyone has asked for a big sum of money, eg between £10-15k, and if anyone knows if this big a grant has been awarded before?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending