The Student Room Group

Applying to University for Medicine with AAA predictions and UCAT 2680 Band 2

Hiya, I am applying for medicine with my predicted grades AAA and a UCAT score of 2680 Band 2, however Im not sure which Universities nearer to London I can apply to. I am applying to St Georges, Anglia Ruskin, East Anglia, and Kent and Medway. My mum wants me to apply to Queen Mary but I don't think I meet the requirements. Should I apply here, and will I get an offer? I have a plus point of having an active, unique story about my own experiences and interest in medicine.

My 5th choice is also Neuroscience at Kings College London because I find that an interesting course and, so if I don't get in Medicine now, I can apply for graduate Med. Is this worth it or should I opt for Biomedical Sciences/Engineering (if so what is better?)
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by shahzadi_
Hiya, I am applying for medicine with my predicted grades AAA and a UCAT score of 2680 Band 2, however Im not sure which Universities nearer to London I can apply to. I am applying to St Georges, Anglia Ruskin, East Anglia, and Kent and Medway. My mum wants me to apply to Queen Mary but I don't think I meet the requirements. Should I apply here, and will I get an offer? I have a plus point of having an active, unique story about my own experiences and interest in medicine.

My 5th choice is also Neuroscience at Kings College London because I find that an interesting course and, so if I don't get in Medicine now, I can apply for graduate Med. Is this worth it or should I opt for Biomedical Sciences/Engineering (if so what is better?)

Well you certainly meet the cut-off. It's just the lowest interviewed candidate last year for QMUL had a UCAT of 2700+ so this might be a bit risky. Applying and getting an offer are also 2 different things. Not to discourage you as it is ultimately your choice, but every other candidate will also have a uniqueness presented in their personal statement so a significant focus will be placed on your UCAT score and academics instead. Your other choices are solid. I have not actually heard of anyone getting into neuroscience at Kings as a 5th option but have heard of many who got in for Biomedical Sciences. Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by Tulipbloom
Well you certainly meet the cut-off. It's just the lowest interviewed candidate last year for QMUL had a UCAT of 2700+ so this might be a bit risky. Applying and getting an offer are also 2 different things. Not to discourage you as it is ultimately your choice, but every other candidate will also have a uniqueness presented in their personal statement so a significant focus will be placed on your UCAT score and academics instead. Your other choices are solid. I have not actually heard of anyone getting into neuroscience at Kings as a 5th option but have heard of many who got in for Biomedical Sciences. Hope this helps!

Do you know if that student was contextual or non contextual? It may be the lowest interviewed non WP student ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending