The Student Room Group

UCAT in getting an offer of a medical place

hi
i was wondering if there are there any UK medical schools/universities that offer a place based partly on UCAT score or do they all rely primarily on interview performance?
any information is much appreciated thank you
Reply 1
Original post by shreyas16
hi
i was wondering if there are there any UK medical schools/universities that offer a place based partly on UCAT score or do they all rely primarily on interview performance?

All medicine unis use both to decide who to give offers to, however some may place more importance on the UCAT than others. Hope this helps :smile:
UEA weighs 50% of offer selection based on UCAT and 50% off of interview performance
Original post by shreyas16
hi

According to my uni counsellor, most schools only use the UCAT score to select which students to give out interview offers to. During the interview stage everyone is equal in their chances of getting an offer. So what matters is how you perform in your interview. Very few schools such as East Anglia, Hull York etc may use your UCAT score and convert them into interview points.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending