The Student Room Group

Glasgow colleges

So I’m planning to apply to a college in Glasgow with my friend but I don’t live in Glasgow so I’m wondering if anyone has done this as well cus obviously I’d be living in Glasgow so Is it best to get a student accommodation by college or is getting a student flat just as affordable
Depends what College you'll be attending really. Plenty of cheap flats in the South & North, West and East-ish are more the uni areas where it's more competitive and pricey.

(I'm 10 mins walk from my old college and my 2 bed flat costs less than their pretty poky accom rooms)
Reply 2
Original post by StriderHort
Depends what College you'll be attending really. Plenty of cheap flats in the South & North, West and East-ish are more the uni areas where it's more competitive and pricey.

(I'm 10 mins walk from my old college and my 2 bed flat costs less than their pretty poky accom rooms)

I’m not sure which one yet a good few of the colleges have the same course I want to do so it’s just where the cheapest places will be
Original post by Anonymous
I’m not sure which one yet a good few of the colleges have the same course I want to do so it’s just where the cheapest places will be

Most of the Glasgow colleges have a campus in each side of the city, but may only offer specific courses at one of them so keep an eye on that. We used to have over a dozen but they had to sort of merge into 3-4 bigger ones (eg Langside (South), Cardonald (South West) & Anniesland (West) all Merged into Glasgow Clyde College.

For college students Southside tends to be good, plenty of cheap but half decent tenement flats and good transport. West gets a bit nicer but a good bit pricier. Most of the North & East are best avoided.

Quick Reply

Latest