The Student Room Group

University of Glasgow BVMS - Looking for advice as an American

Hello everyone,

I'm excited to share that I've recently received acceptance into the University of Glasgow's veterinary college. As an American student, I am reaching out to seek valuable insights from the current veterinary student community at Glasgow or those who have graduated recently.

I am particularly interested in hearing about your experiences with the curriculum, and how the ongoing challenges related to Covid have impacted the school environment—both positively and negatively. Essentially, I'm eager to gain a comprehensive understanding of the school's current dynamics.

I have come across some information about how Covid might have previously impacted the curriculum, however, most of these comments were from around two years ago. In the spirit of staying current and well-informed, I would greatly appreciate any updated information or recent experiences you can share.

Your advice, experiences, or any comments you can share would be immensely appreciated. I'm open to any information you're willing to offer.
Hi
If you don’t mind when was your interview
Original post by Saffronnn•
Hi
If you don’t mind when was your interview

Hi there,

I interviewed on the 28th of November and received an acceptance offer on the 23rd of December.
I can't speak for Glasgow itself as I am not a student there, but covid doesn't really seem to have much impact on unis anymore. I'm a third year in Liverpool and when I was in first year we had compulsory masks, covid testing especially before exams and the year was halved as to who was online and who could come in person, but this was all gone by the time second year started. The curriculum for my year wasn't really impacted at all, although the years prior to mine did have quite significant changes (especially re practicals and the way exams were done) but as I was not there I'm not sure on the ins and outs. I doubt Glasgow's situation will be too different from Liverpool, overall covid just doesn't really have an impact on uni life anymore unless someone gets ill, decides to test and if positive stays home.
Reply 4
Original post by MadisonShapiro
Hello everyone,

I'm excited to share that I've recently received acceptance into the University of Glasgow's veterinary college. As an American student, I am reaching out to seek valuable insights from the current veterinary student community at Glasgow or those who have graduated recently.

I am particularly interested in hearing about your experiences with the curriculum, and how the ongoing challenges related to Covid have impacted the school environment—both positively and negatively. Essentially, I'm eager to gain a comprehensive understanding of the school's current dynamics.

I have come across some information about how Covid might have previously impacted the curriculum, however, most of these comments were from around two years ago. In the spirit of staying current and well-informed, I would greatly appreciate any updated information or recent experiences you can share.

Your advice, experiences, or any comments you can share would be immensely appreciated. I'm open to any information you're willing to offer.
Hey! Congrats on your offer :smile:. I’m an international student from Singapore, and just got my offer too! This concern is also something I’d seen on an online forum, but that was a comment thread from 2022. But I actually applied to Glasgow because of one of my work-shadow experiences at a research laboratory here, where one of the veterinarians recommended me Glasgow as that is where she studied (graduated in 2018 I believe), and she had really nice things to say about her experience there. As of now, I believe it’s been an year or two, so maybe things have changed. I’ll see if I can find anymore information!
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending