The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

University of Reading Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Is Mackinder hall a very party/drinking heavy hall? As I will be staying there for my 2nd year so wanted to know if it could be distracting from my work or not…

Hey @anonymous,
Most halls are fairly lively places, but it shouldn’t distract from your studies at all, and in my experience I’d say areas like Stenton are more socially- oriented! It totally depends on the people living there so it can difficult to say with accuracy before the year begins, but if you’re ever concerned about finding places to study, our library is open almost 24/7 with the exception of Saturday nights when it closes for its weekly deep clean, and your school of study should have one or two open places to study during the week alongside Henley Business School, Edith Morley and RUSU!
Hope this helps,
Kat :smile:
BA History Graduate
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by UniofReading
Hey @anonymous,
Most halls are fairly lively places, but it shouldn’t distract from your studies at all, and in my experience I’d say areas like Stenton are more socially- oriented! It totally depends on the people living there so it can difficult to say with accuracy before the year begins, but if you’re ever concerned about finding places to study, our library is open almost 24/7 with the exception of Saturday nights when it closes for its weekly deep clean, and your school of study should have one or two open places to study during the week alongside Henley Business School, Edith Morley and RUSU!
Hope this helps,
Kat :smile:
BA History Graduate

Oh ok cool. Also I believe it’s likely that I will be allocated in a flat/block mainly with other returning students rather than 1st years/freshers? Hopefully that would reduce the general noise levels in my area as we’d all be more focused in the later years…
Original post by Anonymous
Oh ok cool. Also I believe it’s likely that I will be allocated in a flat/block mainly with other returning students rather than 1st years/freshers? Hopefully that would reduce the general noise levels in my area as we’d all be more focused in the later years…

Hey!

I believe that's what they try to do yes, with that idea in mind. Obviously this is not a guarantee, but it is more likely that the flat will be a little quieter if it is returning students only I would think!
If you do experience any issues with noise or anything else, do speak to the Home at Halls team, and they will be able to help you.

Good luck for your 2nd year! Let us know if you have any other questions!

Skye
4th Year Speech and Language Therapy Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending