The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

The Oldway Centre Accommodation

Hi guys. I recently applied for a MSc Computer science course and I got an offer. I was looking into accommodation and the best for me is Oldway centre one. I researched a bit and I think I would like to go there. Has anyone lived at this place and could give me useful information about the place? Also, a very critical question, if you know, is there a wired internet connection in the rooms :smile:)?

Thanks for answering in advance, if any :smile:)
I know the building quite well. I worked in it over 40 years ago. It was turned into student accommodation last year I believe. As far as what is in there I cannot answer as I havent been inside but I think there is a cafe there and probably has wired internet connection. The best advice would be to give them a ring. It is almost opposite the station slightly further than the new Fusion building due to open this year. The bus goes almost outside for Singleton Campus and across the road for the Bay campus and is a short walk to the city centre. It looks nice from the outside. The one possible drawback is High Street isnt the best of areas but it does tend to be the other side of the station a hundred or 200 metres away. There is a Japanese restaurant opposite and several cafes and restaurants further down High Street and Orchard Street including French, Turkish and Cantonese if that is of help.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for the help. It does help to know a bit about the area and the bus stations.
Original post by PandaCris
Thanks for the help. It does help to know a bit about the area and the bus stations.

That isnt the bus station. It is the rail station. The bus station is the other end of the city 10 or so minutes walk away. Most of the buses that stop outside go there except the uni buses which are no longer going there.

Quick Reply

Latest