The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Any film students from Manchester Met able to offer me insight? (MMU)

Hi, I’m looking to talk to someone from MMU. I’m considering applying as an undergraduate for the Film production course (2024). I went for a visit and liked what I saw and the course and all, but I didn’t get to meet any students and most people were away for the summer. I would love to be able to speak to students about life in Manchester and more specifically the school. What is the community like? Is the school supportive in mental health and student care? Are faculty and administration helpful and caring? I understand that this depends from student to student, but if you could share your experience I’d appreciate it! (Especially anyone on the Film production course). Thanks!!
Original post by rosta
Hi, I’m looking to talk to someone from MMU. I’m considering applying as an undergraduate for the Film production course (2024). I went for a visit and liked what I saw and the course and all, but I didn’t get to meet any students and most people were away for the summer. I would love to be able to speak to students about life in Manchester and more specifically the school. What is the community like? Is the school supportive in mental health and student care? Are faculty and administration helpful and caring? I understand that this depends from student to student, but if you could share your experience I’d appreciate it! (Especially anyone on the Film production course). Thanks!!

Hi @rosta

It's great to hear that you're interested in studying at Manchester Met!

You can speak to our Student Ambassadors on TAP who will be able to give you an idea of what it's like to study at the uni and answer any questions you have about student life and the uni in general. We don't have any ambassadors studying Filmmaking yet but I'm sure their insight will be useful for you nonetheless.

We're also holding more undergraduate open days in October and November, during term time when there'll be more students around so I'm sure you'll be able to chat with people studying the course if you attend!

As a born and bred Mancunian myself, I can honestly say that I love living in Manchester - there's loads to do and there's something for everyone, especially around Oxford Road where the Man Met is based. Restaurants, bars, parks, museums, you name it! Most students from various unis also live along the Oxford Road corridor so it's a really bustling area.

I hope this helps!!

Chloe :smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending