The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Accommodation

Can you bring your own little pieces of furniture to halls? I heard someone at other uni got fined for bringing their own chair?
Original post by Alicesadler07
Can you bring your own little pieces of furniture to halls? I heard someone at other uni got fined for bringing their own chair?

Hello, thank you for your question. From experience of living in university halls, I don't think that would be a problem, especially if the small piece of furniture will be placed in your own bedroom. As long as you don't cause any lasting changes/damage to the flat's interior, then I strongly doubt you will encounter any issues. However, on the side of caution I would email Sussex general enquiries ([email protected]), or Sussex Estates and Facilities (see this webpage for all the relevant contact details: Sussex Residences Contact Details).

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions :smile:.

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student, MSci with a Year Abroad).
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Usually you can find the contract or banned items list for your univeristie's accommodation online.

As for my accommodation items of furniture (and a plethora of other things) are banned. During a flat inspection (once per sem) they just tell you to get rid of it but then never coma back to check.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending