The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

interviews

Hi! I'm an international applicant and I got an interview for the University of Aberdeen. I've never done an interview for colleges because I would say it's not very common here and I was wondering what some good tips you guys would have for interviews, thank you!!
Reply 1
Original post by straw_b3rry11
Hi! I'm an international applicant and I got an interview for the University of Aberdeen. I've never done an interview for colleges because I would say it's not very common here and I was wondering what some good tips you guys would have for interviews, thank you!!

I've had a couple of interviews with Goldsmiths and Middlesex. So, you'll have the best interview if:
1) You're prepared - get your laptop / tablet / phone ready before hand.
2) Wear formal clothes, at least on the visible half.
3) Read the university course website page to recap what it's about
4) Possible read about some of the lecturers
5) Make sure to arrive there digitally on time, login 15 mins before it officially starts to chat with the lecturers (they usually do an intro before the interview)
6) Read your personal statement again, recapping the main points you said and any points they may ask you about
7) Read any materials they provided you beforehand
8) Be yourself when you're chatting to them, it is you after all who's applying for this degree.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by nnth
I've had a couple of interviews with Goldsmiths and Middlesex. So, you'll have the best interview if:
1) You're prepared - get your laptop / tablet / phone ready before hand.
2) Wear formal clothes, at least on the visible half.
3) Read the university course website page to recap what it's about
4) Possible read about some of the lecturers
5) Make sure to arrive there digitally on time, login 15 mins before it officially starts to chat with the lecturers (they usually do an intro before the interview)
6) Read your personal statement again, recapping the main points you said and any points they may ask you about
7) Read any materials they provided you beforehand
8) Be yourself when you're chatting to them, it is you after all who's applying for this degree.

thank you so much, that was so helpful!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending