The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Mechanical Engineering Interview

Just had my interview. It started off great with about 15 mins of conversation but then I got a problem and tried 5 or 6 methods and kept needing to be put back on track and get hints until the interviewer eventually ran out of time. I got around 80 percent in the admissions test and predicted 4A*’s and A at A-level. Has it all just gone out of the window?
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alimaster2677
Just had my interview. It started off great with about 15 mins of conversation but then I got a problem and tried 5 or 6 methods and kept needing to be put back on track and get hints until the interviewer eventually ran out of time. I got around 80 percent in the admissions test and predicted 4A*’s and A at A-level. Has it all just gone out of the window?

I don't think so , interviewes are designed to be challenging and mainly focus on how you deal with problems under pressure. I have applied to mechanical engineering in November and haven't had an interview or an assessment invitation does that mean I am rejected ?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
No. They interview up until March. And the test was on 10 November so it was probably just timeing
No. They interview up until March. And the test was on 10 November so it was probably just timeing

Thanks , wish you the best of luck, insha'Allah you will get in

Not necessarily. University interviews are particularly brutal and designed to put you in the hot spot. Only time will tell, I'm afraid!
Original post by Zen Al Saied
I don't think so , interviewes are designed to be challenging and mainly focus on how you deal with problems under pressure. I have applied to mechanical engineering in November and haven't had an interview or an assessment invitation does that mean I am rejected ?

If you applied in late November, then your test will be this month. I'd say email them to check if they have received your application, if you don't receive anything this month and your grades meet the entry requirements.
Reply 6

Same for me there’s no invitation for admissions test and on the website it says it’s on the 16th feb and they send an email out 2-1 week prior.
hi what a levels did you do?
Imperial college Meng Mechanical engineering -> Once called for interview, is the selection based solely on final interview or the application is considered wholistically?
I looked at interview stats and they say 25 percent are interviewed on average and from that around 2/3 get an offer so the odds are certainly now in your favour
Most likely, as I had my admissions test for mechanical engineering on the 16th of Feb.
Original post by Anonymous #4
Most likely, as I had my admissions test for mechanical engineering on the 16th of Feb.

I had my admission test as well
Original post by Anonymous #2
Imperial college Meng Mechanical engineering -> Once called for interview, is the selection based solely on final interview or the application is considered wholistically?
Just finished interview. The interviewer mentioned, the final decision is considered wholistically. And so will need to wait for the central teams to send the results.
I had my admission test as well
When is your interview? And how are you preparing for it can you please give me some tips
I gave my admission test on 16th Feb. Did anyone who had the test with me get a interview invitation yet?
Original post by Salty Ares
I gave my admission test on 16th Feb. Did anyone who had the test with me get a interview invitation yet?
Yes, I did the test on the 16th and got an interview invitation, my online interview is on 6 march.
when did you get the interview invitation?
im still yet to receive any news, am i finished??
For those who received an interview invite, what was your admission test score?
Original post by Anonymous #5
when did you get the interview invitation?
2 weeks ago from 6 march

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending