The Student Room Group
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website

Bar Practice Course with Masters at ULaw

Hi

For people who are currently studying or have studied the BPC LLM at University of Law, I wanted to know if the LLM part of it is taught and assessed after the BPC Exams are over?

I am wanting to pick the optional modules pathway and just need clarification as to whether it runs alongside the actual BPC or if it comes afterwards.

Thank you!
Original post by Fiza18
Hi

For people who are currently studying or have studied the BPC LLM at University of Law, I wanted to know if the LLM part of it is taught and assessed after the BPC Exams are over?

I am wanting to pick the optional modules pathway and just need clarification as to whether it runs alongside the actual BPC or if it comes afterwards.

Thank you!

Hi @Fiza18!

I haven't started studying the BPC yet but will be starting it in September at the University of Law. If you are choosing the optional modules pathway LLM then you will complete the BPC course first and start your optional modules afterwards. So, for example, if you started in September 2023, you would do the BPC and assessments until w/c 13 May 2024 then you would have a couple of weeks of Holiday before starting the optional module teaching w/c 10 June 2024. You would study the optional modules until September 2024 and then sit your exams for these optional modules w/c 23 September 2024. Of course, if you choose to study part-time or start at another point in the year, these dates will be inaccurate, however, you will always study your BPC first before undertaking the LLM additional modules.

I hope this helps!

Sophie :smile:
Student Ambassador at the University of Law
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by UniofLaw Student
Hi @Fiza18!

I haven't started studying the BPC yet but will be starting it in September at the University of Law. If you are choosing the optional modules pathway LLM then you will complete the BPC course first and start your optional modules afterwards. So, for example, if you started in September 2023, you would do the BPC and assessments until w/c 13 May 2024 then you would have a couple of weeks of Holiday before starting the optional module teaching w/c 10 June 2024. You would study the optional modules until September 2024 and then sit your exams for these optional modules w/c 23 September 2024. Of course, if you choose to study part-time or start at another point in the year, these dates will be inaccurate, however, you will always study your BPC first before undertaking the LLM additional modules.

I hope this helps!

Sophie :smile:
Student Ambassador at the University of Law

Hi Sophie

Thanks you, that's clarified it for me :smile: I will be starting the BPC in September but doing it part-time so I will complete it it May 2025!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending