The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea Brynmill Living Area

Hi all,

Looking for advice in regards to accommodation, going with housing as opposed to halls.

I'm tempted to live close to the Singleton campus in Brynmill - what's the level of noise like in the evenings in that area? I've got nothing against students having fun (lord knows, i've had my fair share first time round at university), though I'll be on an intensive course where sleep will be important. I'm also worried about my car getting scratched if I leave it roadside by students on a rogue night out.

Grateful for any advice.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by futuregem2021
Hi all,

Looking for advice in regards to accommodation, going with housing as opposed to halls.

I'm tempted to live close to the Singleton campus in Brynmill - what's the level of noise like in the evenings in that area? I've got nothing against students having fun (lord knows, i've had my fair share first time round at university), though I'll be on an intensive course where sleep will be important. I'm also worried about my car getting scratched if I leave it roadside by students on a rogue night out.

Grateful for any advice.

There has been press reports of complaints about noise in the area made by other residents. I would imagine there will be noise problems in any area where the are HMOs. You might find it quieter in parts of Uplands and Sketty although in a student house that cannot be guaranteed. Some post grads live in houses in Uplands.
(edited 3 years ago)
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest