Ravensbourne University London
London
Which course have you applied to study?
London
Original post by Anonymous
It’s one of the worst universities in the country...

No it isn’t.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Which course have you applied to study?

the foundation course
I don’t know it well but what I have heard has been all negative
Reply 5
Original post by Googley_eyes
I don’t know it well but what I have heard has been all negative

I'm starting to get a little worried, I'm afraid the other Universities I've applied for won't accept me because its so competitive this year.
Original post by uwuuwuuwu
the foundation course

It’s really good for foundation. There’s a heavy digital focus to rave which means it isn’t a great fit if you want to do 3d work or physical printing and the like but if you prefer working digitally or want to develop your digital skills during your foundation then it’s a great choice
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
It’s really good for foundation. There’s a heavy digital focus to rave which means it isn’t a great fit if you want to do 3d work or physical printing and the like but if you prefer working digitally or want to develop your digital skills during your foundation then it’s a great choice

oh...have you studied in Ravensbourne before? You seem to know it quite well.
I'm starting to get a little worried, I'm afraid the other Universities I've applied for won't accept me because its so competitive this year.

Most people study foundation at an fe college not at a university. And the teaching and facilities at some fe colleges are as good as or better than universities.

The foundation diploma is an fe course not a university course. There’s pros and cons to studying an fe course at a university.
Reply 9
What exactly qualifies a university as 'bad'? Because I have spoken to people who went to Oxbridge, Exeter, Durham etc. who have told me how much they don't like their universities and yet they are the 'best' in the country.

I think it's just a matter of perspective.
My neighbour went there to study and I think she liked it. I think it is a good idea to do a bit of research about them but also compare them to other universities. At the end of the day, I think they are also good for creative courses. I don't go, but I haven't heard anything too bad. It's probably good to listen to other people's opinions too though - good luck :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by byblis
What exactly qualifies a university as 'bad'? Because I have spoken to people who went to Oxbridge, Exeter, Durham etc. who have told me how much they don't like their universities and yet they are the 'best' in the country.

I think it's just a matter of perspective.

Yeah...I actually agree with you. People do say bad things about their school all the time.
Reply 12
Original post by astrobunny
My neighbour went there to study and I think she liked it. I think it is a good idea to do a bit of research about them but also compare them to other universities. At the end of the day, I think they are also good for creative courses. I don't go, but I haven't heard anything too bad. It's probably good to listen to other people's opinions too though - good luck :smile:

Thank you:smile:
I haven’t had any experience with them personally however my friend started studying Film there in 2019, he did his first year there and as far as I know he didn’t have good experiences so he transferred to Chichester uni for his second year and onwards.
Original post by Camila Iturbe
Hi! I am Camila, from Argentina. I am applying to a foundation course at Ravensbourne as well (design and media) and I am really worried about my portfolio. It is gonna be photograph based. Because I am an international students, I don` t understand very well what they want to see on the process. I have done a lot of research about what Ravensbourne wants but I still don`t understand what is a good process before the final outcome for them, Do you think I could have a look at you portfolio? This would be very helpful for me as I will be able to have a reference about a successful applicant for this year, even if it is not for the design and media pathway. It would be really really helpful for me, I have been very anxious these days and I need to calm down a little bit. If you think I could have a look to it I can give you my number +447742150623 and you can send me a message in whatsapp. Please I hope you can understand, I would love to ask you some questions as well. Thank you so much

Don’t go to ravensbourne uni, it’s one of the worst in the UK.
Hi! I am Camila, from Argentina. I am applying to a foundation course at Ravensbourne as well (design and media) and I am really worried about my portfolio. It is gonna be photograph based. Because I am an international students, I don` t understand very well what they want to see on the process. I have done a lot of research about what Ravensbourne wants but I still don`t understand what is a good process before the final outcome for them, Do you think I could have a look at you portfolio? This would be very helpful for me as I will be able to have a reference about a successful applicant for this year, even if it is not for the design and media pathway. It would be really really helpful for me, I have been very anxious these days and I need to calm down a little bit. If you think I could have a look to it I can give you my number +447742150623 and you can send me a message in whatsapp. Please I hope you can understand, I would love to ask you some questions as well. Thank you so much

Please don't put your number on here! You can send them a private message just tap on their avatar/ profile picture and it should ask for that option.
Original post by Anonymous
Don’t go to ravensbourne uni, it’s one of the worst in the UK.

Hi, thanks for your advice. It would be really helpful for me if you could explain why you believe this, so I can think about it when I take my decision. Thank you so much!!!
Hi, thanks for your advice. It would be really helpful for me if you could explain why you believe this, so I can think about it when I take my decision. Thank you so much!!!

I’ve heard the same thing repeatedly. It’s honestly awful.
Any students from Ravensbourne University? I got an offer a while ago and they didn't seem to take the applications really seriously like...I talked for less than a minute in the interview and got an offer a few days later. I've seen really bad comments about them and some really good ones as well. I want to know the truth...

I’m assuming this is a tad bit late for a reply however for any future students coming across this thread it really depends on the course you want to go on. If you want to go on the Editing & Post-Production course, like me, there’s no better place to go in the country, you’ll be constantly working on short films, productions, meeting with industry practitioners and mentors and you’ll actually be provided with industry-grade equipment and software with some amazing lecturers. You’re also mostly going to land a job right after finishing your course due to the connections you’ll be buildinng, and the post-production industry is filled with Ravensbourne alumnis, making it super easy to reach out to and network with, post houses really like employing from Rave. All the post-production courses are solid, sound design, music, etc. The Digital Film Production course is pretty good too, very technical and hands on, but I’m not sure how it pairs up against other Universities, so I’m not going to comment on it too much. The uni puts loads of focus on networking and working with each other, you’re encouraged to work with students on the other courses, mimicking the way the industry works. For example, film students will shoot a film, they’ll send it to us to edit, we’ll picture lock and grade it, then send it to the sound design guys for music and sound. Everyone’s really friendly and easy to work with, you can literally ask anyone for help and chances are they know someone that can. That’s my pov from a student there in year 2, I’m sure everyone has different opinions and experiences but I hope this gives you a better understanding. At the end of the day it depends on what you’re looking for, and what your perspective on what a ‘good uni’ is, however if networking, connections and hands-on production is your goal then Rave is a pretty good choice.

Latest

Trending

Trending