The Student Room Group

What master's should I go for if I have a Bachelor's in Accounting and Finance

Firstly I have to say after 2 years of learning AF the only factor I got is to leave it as far as away-just for me, cuz business which I found really not suitable for me, but I believe I can get 2:2 or 2:1(if enough lucky) GPA.
and I am worrying about choosing which master degree.
Now I found some of my interests are in literature or library science or media(maybe), could you give me some more advice about any other orientation of master degree I can choose?
Not doing a masters is always an option? What is your motivation?
Original post by B7777
Firstly I have to say after 2 years of learning AF the only factor I got is to leave it as far as away-just for me, cuz business which I found really not suitable for me, but I believe I can get 2:2 or 2:1(if enough lucky) GPA.
Now I found some of my interests are in literature or library science or media(maybe), could you give me some more advice about any other orientation of master degree I can choose?

Don't do a Masters at all.
Reply 3
Original post by one_two_three
Not doing a masters is always an option? What is your motivation?

I have to do a master cuz my parents want that and I cannot deny it, also is cuz that I do not want to do a career in business so maybe change a subject to master can help me found a job in some other area? idk
What do you think you want to do as a career? The masters could be a stepping stone to that and justify a change of direction to your parents.
Original post by B7777

Hi @B7777

In terms of considering a postgraduate degree, it is important to consider what type of career you would like and whether you require a masters degree for that career.

We offer a variety of masters degrees at the University of Hull including English based studies.

Our MA in English (Creative Writing and English Literature) is an example of one of our master courses which we offer. Our MA in English can be tailor-made to your interests in either Creative Writing or English Literature, or both. In this fully flexible MA programme, you choose to focus on the writers, or forms of writing, that most interest you.You will need a minimum of 2.2 BA Hons degree or international equivalent. With your application, you must submit a satisfactory 2000 to 3000 word sample of your written work, consisting of either literary criticism or creative writing, on a subject of your choice. You can use written work that you have previously produced for your coursework. Further details about this course can be found on our website - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught/english-creative-writing-english-literature-ma

But we offer further courses beyond English both as Taught and Research masters degrees. You can search the various postgraduate courses via our website - https://www.hull.ac.uk/search/courses? either selecting Postgraduate Taught or Postgraduate Research to bring up the courses which we offer at this level of study.

Unless a course specifies a specific course requirement, most courses you do not necessarily has to have an undergraduate degree in that field.

I hope this helps

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending