The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Opinions on Angel Lane accommodation KCL

Hey, I booked angel lane for 1st year at KCL. What's it really like living there like pros and cons. I haven't found a lot of inside info
Original post by Aio_Omo
Hey, I booked angel lane for 1st year at KCL. What's it really like living there like pros and cons. I haven't found a lot of inside info

The easiest is to go onto Youtube and search for "kcl angel lane accommodation". There are lots of good videos there which show rooms and also other parts of Angel Lane.
(edited 2 years ago)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Aio_Omo

Same! The people I've spoken to liked the location because of its connections such as the station and also the things around. The shops are really close by ad the accom is nice in general. Some problems living with flatmates such as who takes out the bins etc, but that's just personal to your bundle of gems, as they stayed in most of the time due to lockdown there wasn't really much more? I'm not sure of the social life, there's a bunch of rooms and people so you'll definitely make friends
Original post by Aio_Omo

I lived there in 2020 and it was like living in a Chinese torture chamber. Half the staff are lovely but there are one or two who are essentially nazi guards who hate their jobs. If you're lucky enough to face the train lines you get to hear the trains pass all day and the cargo trains pass all night, I would wake up to screeching trains thinking someone was screaming. The best part is the tiny window with the suicide bars that once close completely block out the sound, which is great, except the rooms are all extremely hot and dry so you get to choose between sweltering nights or waking up to screams. Literally day light robbery.
Reply 4
(Original post by Anonymous)I lived there in 2020 and it was like living in a Chinese torture chamber. Half the staff are lovely but there are one or two who are essentially nazi guards who hate their jobs. If you're lucky enough to face the train lines you get to hear the trains pass all day and the cargo trains pass all night, I would wake up to screeching trains thinking someone was screaming. The best part is the tiny window with the suicide bars that once close completely block out the sound, which is great, except the rooms are all extremely hot and dry so you get to choose between sweltering nights or waking up to screams. Literally day light robbery.

What rooms/floors would you recommend to get/avoid?
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest