The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Bike storage/ Security at Cardiff Uni

Hello, I'm ideally heading to Cardiff this September and I was looking at accommodation in tally (undecided between north, south or court). I wanted to bring my bike to cycle to lectures and around in general but I wasn't sure if there was any bike storage and if so is the storage adequate and secure? I have looked online at the hello bike free 30 minute ride scheme with the uni, however I'm not sure if there will be a consistent number of bikes available to make this a feasible way of transportation? Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.
there is bike storage in taly, you definitely need to register your bike at reception or something like that but i'm not sure if it's something you do beforehand or you can do when you arrive at hall. it's a brick shed-type of building with a locked door that only people with bikes have access to via a key. people put their bikes in there, with bike locks obviously. i've a few friends who bought their bikes to uni and none of them had any issues in terms of security etc.

lectures are unlikely to be in-person till after january at the moment. i use the bikes from nextbike when i need to get somewhere far away very quickly and have had no issues in terms of using them :smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending