The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Official Cardiff University Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from Cardiff for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels/other qualifications you are taking and the course you applied for!!

Click here to join other university offer holder threads!
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone!

If you have any Cardiff Uni questions, feel free to ask here and I will do my best to answer!

Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
I just firmed Cardiff for BEng in Medical Engineering starting in September, I’m from the US and currently considering both private housing and perhaps one of the Senghennydd or Adams Street Gardens as they are closest to the engineering building. We visited the university in November and I’m very excited, hopefully I’ll meet the conditions of my offer come July.
Original post by iyisir3
I just firmed Cardiff for BEng in Medical Engineering starting in September, I’m from the US and currently considering both private housing and perhaps one of the Senghennydd or Adams Street Gardens as they are closest to the engineering building. We visited the university in November and I’m very excited, hopefully I’ll meet the conditions of my offer come July.

Hi there! What are you looking for in your accommodation? I believe that Gordon Hall is the closest to the engineering building and is really close.
Best,
Reply 4
We were originally considering Gordon Hall but everything I’ve read said to avoid it like the plague. I would like an ensuite and close to the engineering building as possible. As of now, private is a strong contender, mainly Fitzalan, Vita, The Neighbourhood, and Eclipse. I like the idea of a studio despite the fact that socializing might be a bit harder.
Original post by iyisir3
We were originally considering Gordon Hall but everything I’ve read said to avoid it like the plague. I would like an ensuite and close to the engineering building as possible. As of now, private is a strong contender, mainly Fitzalan, Vita, The Neighbourhood, and Eclipse. I like the idea of a studio despite the fact that socializing might be a bit harder.

Hi there,

I think that if you're generally social and are happy making friends form work, your course or societies then you should be fine to live in a studio.

All the best,
Original post by CardiffUni Rep
Hi everyone!

If you have any Cardiff Uni questions, feel free to ask here and I will do my best to answer!

Hi! I've just been offered a place at Cardiff for Media and Communications (🥳) this September and I just wanted to ask, are there a lot of international students? I'm from the Philippines and I'm unable to visit the campus. Thank you!
Original post by onlyangel28
Hi! I've just been offered a place at Cardiff for Media and Communications (🥳) this September and I just wanted to ask, are there a lot of international students? I'm from the Philippines and I'm unable to visit the campus. Thank you!

Hey!

Congratulations on being offered a place! There is a whole community of international students (though perhaps smaller than larger cities such as London). Before you move, you should be able to get access to accommodation and course group chats (most of the groups are on Facebook at the beginning) to help you meet some people before you even make the move.

If you need any more advice, tips or information on Cardiff as a city, let me know!

All the best,
Original post by onlyangel28

Hi! I also just wanted to add that the Student Union has an International Students Association that occasionally hold events for international students. There are many cultural societies at the Student Union, including Filipino Society, which holds events for Filipino students and students interested in Filipino culture.

If you were interested in knowing more about the different cultural societies in Cardiff, I'd recommend giving this link a look.

Hope that's helped!

~ Fatiha, Cardiff Uni Student Rep
Original post by CardiffUni Rep 2
Hi! I also just wanted to add that the Student Union has an International Students Association that occasionally hold events for international students. There are many cultural societies at the Student Union, including Filipino Society, which holds events for Filipino students and students interested in Filipino culture.

If you were interested in knowing more about the different cultural societies in Cardiff, I'd recommend giving this link a look.

Hope that's helped!

~ Fatiha, Cardiff Uni Student Rep

Thank you so much for the help! :smile:
Hiii I was just accepted to the politics, journalism and communications degree and I’m so excited. What are the best accommodations to be looking as I will be in the politics building and the journalism building?
Reply 11
Hi, I got offered for Adults Nursing to start this September. I’m wondering what is the typical day for nursing students is like when starting the course?
Original post by Fayesk45
Hi, I got offered for Adults Nursing to start this September. I’m wondering what is the typical day for nursing students is like when starting the course?

Hi there,

Unfortunately, I don't study adult nursing but you can use our uni buddy service here to chat with a current student and get more info!

All the best,
Original post by iyisir3

Hey! I'm a pharmacy student starting this September too. I figure that you're an international student like me, and I was wondering how you plan to go through the application process for the Adams Street accommodation since it seems like it requires a UK based guarantor, which is different to the rest of the accommodation blocks
Reply 14
Original post by its3m3mari0
Hey! I'm a pharmacy student starting this September too. I figure that you're an international student like me, and I was wondering how you plan to go through the application process for the Adams Street accommodation since it seems like it requires a UK based guarantor, which is different to the rest of the accommodation blocks

We will pay a year up front for rent if I get Adams Street but right now, my parents and I are considering other properties that will put me much closer to the engineering building. With those, I can either pay up front or use a guarantor company recommended by the property management company and pay in instalments.
Reply 15
Hii, i’ve received an offer for econ but haven’t been able to make it to any of Cardiff’s open events. So, I was just wondering if it would be best to go to a campus tour or if i would be invited to an offer holder day.
Reply 16
Original post by its3m3mari0

Hi I have received an offer for Pharmacy at Cardiff too. Where did you get the information that Adams Street accommodation requires a UK based guarantor? Where will you be coming from?
Reply 17
All private accommodations require a UK based guarantor or a guarantor company (with a fee), Adams Street is not a university owned accommodation and if I am not wrong they state on the website that if you don’t have a guarantor, you pay the year up front.
Reply 18
Original post by iyisir3
All private accommodations require a UK based guarantor or a guarantor company (with a fee), Adams Street is not a university owned accommodation and if I am not wrong they state on the website that if you don’t have a guarantor, you pay the year up front.

Okay thanks.
Original post by iyisir3
We will pay a year up front for rent if I get Adams Street but right now, my parents and I are considering other properties that will put me much closer to the engineering building. With those, I can either pay up front or use a guarantor company recommended by the property management company and pay in instalments.

Hi there,

Here is a link to information on Cardiff Student Union's guarantor scheme.

Best,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending