The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Genetic and Genomic Counselling MSc Cardiff University 2024applicants

Hello! I thought I'd made a thread on possible applicants for next year - not sure if it's too early to make one ahaha. How are people feeling about applying? I feel like I hardly have much going for me
Original post by jasmine_karim
Hello! I thought I'd made a thread on possible applicants for next year - not sure if it's too early to make one ahaha. How are people feeling about applying? I feel like I hardly have much going for me

Hi there,

It's a stressful time! Please ask if you have any questions.

All the best

Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by CardiffUni Rep
Hi there,

All the best

Hi Jaz thanks for the reply! By any chance do you know what the interview process is like with genetic counselling? I went to the open day today and there seemed to be a lot to do once the application is approved
Hi Jaz thanks for the reply! By any chance do you know what the interview process is like with genetic counselling? I went to the open day today and there seemed to be a lot to do once the application is approved

Hi Jasmine,

I'm sorry, I don't have access to this. However, if you reach out to the university at https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/ask-a-question, they should be able to get back to you with no problem!

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff uni rep
Reply 4

Hi 🙂

I am currently putting together my application but am still confused about the placement. It suggests alluding to my placement plans in my personal statement but I am not sure where to start to organise one?
Original post by Staceyprid
Hi 🙂

I am currently putting together my application but am still confused about the placement. It suggests alluding to my placement plans in my personal statement but I am not sure where to start to organise one?

Hi,

Just to clarify, are you referring to the admissions criteria? It would be really helpful if you could highlight to a specific part of the information you got this from, so I can help you further 🙂

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
Original post by CardiffUni Rep
Hi there,
All the best
Hi Jaz!

I have already emailed the programme but I just discovered this thread and thought I'd ask here in case you're able to answer.

The programme needs at least 6 months of non-family caring experience, which is described as "healthcare work, volunteering with a counselling service, in a genetic or genomic counselling clinic, or supporting a vulnerable child or adult (e.g. with a disability)" on this website. However, I see that hasn't been updated since 11/2022. I'm asking because that website says I should provide a reference for each "caring experience" I include, but on the application portal it only has room for 2 references, one of which should be academic.

The main programme website doesn't mention any requirements like this. It just says "Evidence you have gained at least 6 months full-time equivalent (approx. 800 hours) non-family caring experience at the point of application. This can be evidenced by an employer's reference. References should be signed, dated and less than six months old at the time you submit your application."

I will be delving deeper into all my experience in my personal statement, but I was hoping to clarify whether I need more than 2 references if my experience includes several posts.

Thank you in advance for the help! <3
Reply 7
Hi

I have applied for this course as well. Anybody heard anything back yet?
Original post by TM90
Hi I have applied for this course as well. Anybody heard anything back yet?
Hey I heard back about a week ago and have an interview on Monday. Any luck with you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending